Justin Marshall - Petition

• Who would be interested in petitioning Sky to replace Justin Marshall with anyone other than Justin Marshall?
    Maybe even time for Nisbett to go too?

Merhts?

• Nisbett annoys me more than Marshall ....

• He didnt bother me much today, but that was more down to my son and his constant questions about everything related and unrelated to rugby however....add him to the petition!

• Can I add Ken Laban to the list? I can't stand it how often he doesn't even know the names of players and gets a lot of facts wrong.

• @taniwharugby said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

He didnt bother me much today, but that was more down to my son and his constant questions about everything related and unrelated to rugby however....add him to the petition!

Your son?

• @dK well he did query some of the refs calls without actually knowing the rules, but at least he is learning!

• @taniwharugby learning to be Justin Marshall 😊

• @dK no, the rules, sometiing JM doesnt seem to be able to do 😉

• @taniwharugby said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

@dK well he did query some of the refs calls without actually knowing the rules, but at least he is learning!

Query is the wrong word. He is flat out wrong, but tells the Ref the decision is blatantly wrong.

Bad commentators like that breed stupid rugby knowledge in the community. This leads to all sorts of dodgy conclusions about bias and conspiracy.

• @nzzp I was talking about my son querying rules, not JM....this has ended up getting all mixed now

• They might replace him with someone worse. Petition sky to make the clown do a refs course .

Edit and make him visit opsm

• He actually reduces my enjoyment of games, talking shit that is blatant wrong.

A couple today had me yelling how wrong he was.

The one that pissed me off most was when he was trying to make out the boks were hard done by for piling off their feet. He watches the tackle in super slow-mo and tried to use that timing as to why it should have been called a maul. "Still up, still up..." fuck up dick!

• Not me. I like him.

• If I got pinged a dollar for every time I've said 'shut the fuck up, Justin' during a rugby match, the swear jar would probably fund the rest of my jet-setting life.

• He didn't bother me at all this morning. I did have the sound muted though. I actually enjoyed it more with no comms, though not hearing what the ref/TMO was saying was a drawback. Can you get coverage with no comms? Just the refs mic?

• @No-Quarter said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

He didn't bother me at all this morning. I did have the sound muted though. I actually enjoyed it more with no comms, though not hearing what the ref/TMO was saying was a drawback. Can you get coverage with no comms? Just the refs mic?

That would be bliss

• I used to turn off the tv and put the radio on instead but they are out of sync a lot of times, I did like "the blokes at a pub" vibe of the radio comms and some of them were outrageous homers in npc games.

• i find him annoying , but not on the same level as Phil Kearns who i hate listening to during an AB game

He didn't bother me at all this morning. I did have the sound muted though. I actually enjoyed it more with no comms, though not hearing what the ref/TMO was saying was a drawback. Can you get coverage with no comms? Just the refs mic?

Sky do often offer that. You have to go to settings during the game and switch to alternate language or something like that. You just get the refs mic
    Look it up on sky site.

Yeah I woke up at about 2:30 for a piss and decided to check the score. I muted the tv so as not to wake anyone. I can't say I enjoyed the game any less without comms. It was rather pleasant actually.

• I'm all for the petition against TRs kid.

• Ok, watching the game now and he's fapping about tjs first try. Is he right? At normal speed it looks ok.

• The funniest bit for me was hearing Stransky describe de Allende's excellent bit of play, after he got the ball, ran sideways and threw a shit pass that got knocked on.

• @jegga You mean is he right handed? I've never seen Marshall fap in either normal time or slow motion so can't help. Sorry.

• @Bones tj used his left hand . I assume Marshall is ambidextrous to help avoid carpal tunnel .

• @jegga you've got an eye for detail.

• @Bones said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

I'm all for the petition against TRs kid.

I'm surprised he was allowed to breed in the first place.

• Petitions are silly.

But whatever floats people's boat.

• I find Marshall better than Nisbett.. Nisbett usually gives the wrong reasons for why a team is penalised, and often gets players mixed up..
    Sometimes I wonder what coverage they're watching

But the real question is, who would we want as the comms?

• There are annoying commentators everywhere. I had the Saffa commentary yesterday and they couldn't even get the ref's name right. Overall they were way better than the Convict ones though.
    The bunch that Sky UK put together are just unwatchable. Their so called analysis is random and Fitzy is just a token moron who continually calls the AB hooker 'Dan Coles'

• @Crucial as Stransky hilariously did a few times yesterday. I'm starting to think it's a bit of a game amongst the pundits.

• Marshall is an annoying regard and Nisbo is dreary as fuck. Surely this amazing All Blacks team deserves better ?

• I don't mind Mashall at all now.

• Just swap Marshall and Wilson around

Put Marshall on the sidelines to talk about conditions, subs etc

Wilson is the better analyst so put him next to Nisbett.

• Marshall is by far the best 'comments man' out there.

Find the 'hate' bizarre.

Occasionally gets rules wrong, occasionally too un-biased. Ooooh string him up.

Positives:
    Doesn't whine.
    Isn't biased.
    Isn't a fapping fanboy.
    Good heads up analysis of what's visible in-ground but not apparent to the viewer.
    Provides more credible analysis that psychic energy, etc
    Gets names right.
    Doesn't call opposition cheats.
    Doesn't moan constantly about refs.
    Hasn't called a ref a 'disgrace'.
    Has been a positive less-moany influence on his main commentator (both Nisbo and TJ) on both the laws in general and particular in-game decisions.

I reckon we're lucky to have currently a decent Comms team who aren't a complete embarrassment on international feeds.

I like him, and remember the pre-marshy days with absolute disdain.

• @Duluth having Wilson there has made him lift his game a fair bit I reckon . He was better this weekend, I love it when someone who's played at his level breaks down plays and explains what worked and why it went wrong.

• Oh and another thing.

In an age when sky for example during the Welsh series have after game analysis at the ground by 3 ex-ABs in the commentary team then cut back to studio for a round table discussion by 4 more NZers. Not bothering to get a travelling Welsh media pundit in,

At least Marshall seems the most knowledgable of them of any overseas rugby players and coaches from his time in Eng and Wales club rugby. All though this relevance will quickly fade as the years pass.

• @Rapido said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

Marshall is by far the best 'comments man' out there.

Find the 'hate' bizarre.

Positives:
    Doesn't whine.
    Isn't biased.
    Isn't a fapping fanboy.
    Good heads up analysis of what's visible in-ground but not apparent to the viewer.
    Gets names right.
    Has been a positive less-moany influence on his main commentator (both Nisbo and TJ) on both the laws in general and particular in-game decisions.

I reckon we're lucky to have currently a decent Comms team who aren't a complete embarrassment on international feeds.

@Rapido said in Justin Marshall - Petition:

Marshall is by far the best 'comments man' out there.

Find the 'hate' bizarre.

Positives:
    Doesn't whine.
    Isn't biased.
    Isn't a fapping fanboy.
    Gets names right.

He is a fapping fanboy. I thought he was going to spontaneously combust when 'Go Beauden' scored in the final....

• Actually that BB try in the RWC final is a good example of what he brings to the Comms team. While BB was still about 15m behind the action after the Smith kick Marshall immediately alerted the viewer that BB was the man to look out for.

Great piece of commentary.

• I think Justin has improved a lot. He used to try too hard to be impartial and ended up erring to far on the other side.

Now he calls what he sees, is ok with being enthusiastic about the ABs, gets more right than he gets wrong.