2. Hooker of the Year 2016

• Please nominate for Hooker of the year.

Rules in main forum.

All arguments for and against encouraged and in fact required during nomination phase.

Surname First Name Country Pros Cons
    COLES Dane NZL Nominated by Paul Cully in SMH; good early; his "faded" (see cons) is still pretty good; standout player in No.1 team good early but faded
    CREEVY Agustin ARG no reason; may be as good as Coles if played for ABs
    BEST Rory Ire Captained IRE to win over ABs and win over Aus; contender for Lions skipper better captain than player

• O.K. I'll do it. Coles (Dane, not Dan, for previous AB hookers).

I really don't have to argue this one either do I?

• I guess someone should nominate Creevy?

Also Azog for brutal honesty in post match losing interviews.

• @antipodean I guess that is what makes these choices difficult. Would Creevy have been better than Coles if he played with 14 ABs? Or, would Coles have stood out as much as Creevy in the Argie side?

For me - Coles was a standout player in the worlds no 1 ranked team. So he get's the gong.

Azog was pretty shit as a player but yes a new category for after match interviews might have him in it.

• The lass that entertained the Chiefs on mad Monday.

• Rory Best.

Captained Ireland to first away win in SA. First win over NZ and the win over Aus in the one year. Has gone from being a possible inclusion in the luggage hold to contender to lead Lions next June.

• @Pot-Hale Stop coming on here with all your fancy foreign ideas. All team of the year contenders have to have played in Black.

But yes, Best is a good nomination, perhaps more as a captain than as a player though?

• @Snowy said in 2. Hooker of the Year 2016:

@Pot-Hale Stop coming on here with all your fancy foreign ideas. All team of the year contenders have to have played in Black.

But yes, Best is a good nomination, perhaps more as a captain than as a player though?

Ooh good idea. I'll add him in there as well.

Thanks. 🙂

• Hartley for managing to stay on the pitch for England until Eddie yanked him off. This shows a true understanding of what it take to be a modern international rugby player.