12. Second Five-eighth of the Year 2016

• Please nominate for 2nd 5/8 here.

Johnny Foreigner please note that this is the correct term for the midfield back who wears the number 12 jersey. He is not a "centre". Centre wears 13.

Rules in main forum.

All arguments for and against encouraged and in fact required during nomination phase.

Surname First Name Country Pros Cons
    FARRELL Owen ENG Nominated by Paul Cully in SMH; "By a nose" over Henshaw; important part of England's unbeaten year; "mistake"
    HENSHAW Robbie IRE Spotted in an on line World XV
    LIENERT-BROWN Anton NZL "unlucky if not nominated; can't think of a midfielder that had the kind if impact he had; Nominated in World XV thread - no reason given" Possibly at his best at 13 with Crotty at 12
    FOFANA Wesley FRA Nominated in World XV thread - no reason given
    CROTTY Ryan NZL Made ALB - and everyone else he played with - look good

• Henshaw or Farrell?

Hmm. Farrell by a nose given his unbeaten test year.

• @Pot-Hale Two different players PH. Farrell is more of a SH type 2nd five-eighth, where Henshaw is more of a traditional NH centre type (which for you SH guys is the blokes with 12 & 13 on their backs). But yeah, I'd take Farrell due to both his unbeaten year, 6N Grand Slam and 3-0 whitewash down under, plus his overall importance to the team.

While Henshaw is very good and has had a good year, it is hard to argue with the bald facts re Farrell.

• @Catogrande said in 12. Second Five-eighth of the Year 2016:

@Pot-Hale Two different players PH. Farrell is more of a SH type 2nd five-eighth, where Henshaw is more of a traditional NH centre type (which for you SH guys is the blokes with 12 & 13 on their backs). But yeah, I'd take Farrell due to both his unbeaten year, 6N Grand Slam and 3-0 whitewash down under, plus his overall importance to the team.

While Henshaw is very good and has had a good year, it is hard to argue with the bald facts re Farrell.

I have Henshaw down as an inside-centre in my book. None of that five-eighth shit. Since both wore 12, then Farrell had the better year of the two. So my vote is going with him.

• ALB played his best footy as an International at centre. His combo with Crotty was the find of the season for me.

• @ACT-Crusader @Nepia have conflicting nominations for ALB and Crotty. Who should be 12 and who 13? Or both for both?

• Crotty's nomination has to be for 2nd 5/8. ALB looked best at centre.

• @Pot-Hale said in 12. Second Five-eighth of the Year 2016:

@Catogrande said in 12. Second Five-eighth of the Year 2016:

@Pot-Hale Two different players PH. Farrell is more of a SH type 2nd five-eighth, where Henshaw is more of a traditional NH centre type (which for you SH guys is the blokes with 12 & 13 on their backs). But yeah, I'd take Farrell due to both his unbeaten year, 6N Grand Slam and 3-0 whitewash down under, plus his overall importance to the team.

I have Henshaw down as an inside-centre in my book. None of that five-eighth shit. Since both wore 12, then Farrell had the better year of the two. So my vote is going with him.

There is no such position as 'inside centre". He who wears 12 is "Second Five-Eighth".

However your nomination is accepted.