• Well maybe not me but this guy

[url]

I think insane is putting it mildly

Something to work up to aye fullas.

• [quote name='ACT Crusader']Well maybe not me but this guy

[url]

I think insane is putting it mildly

Something to work up to aye fullas.[/quote]

Theres nothing really that amazing there ACT, I can do all of that ( as long as you hit pause when you're recording me about 0.1 second into each exercise eusa_whistle )

• wow.

• There's no doubting the guys abdominal strength, but its the forearm strength and grip that gets me. I do this 10 x 10 dumbbell circuit (10 reps of 10 different exercises) without rests and without dropping the dumbbells and its a killer on the grip and forearms

• [quote name='ACT Crusader']There's no doubting the guys abdominal strength, but its the forearm strength and grip that gets me. I do this 10 x 10 dumbbell circuit (10 reps of 10 different exercises) without rests and without dropping the dumbbells and its a killer on the grip and forearms[/quote]

Really well muscled little guys obviously find this sort of stuff easier. I wonder how much that guy weighs ?

The muscle ups impress me the most ( you know when he does a pull up and then OVER the bar ) those are FREAKIN hard to do let alone that quickly. Try those next time you're at the park and the shoulders will be cursing you the next day. A guy I used to work with ( former pommy boxing champ who weighed about 60 odd kilos ) can do the "flag"......I've attempted that once or twice and failed miserably.

• There's a bunch of videos like this on YouTube. Just type in "Thug Workout" or "prison workout" in the search. Proof that you can build awesome strength without a gym membership.

• Impressive, no doubt about it. Much harder for anyone who has muscle below the waist though. That guy has very skinny legs.

• we used to have a couple of blokes come into the Whanga gym over summer - always had track pants on, and only ever worked out their upper bodies. Used to give the locals, and regulars, a chuckle...

• [quote name='BhartMan']we used to have a couple of blokes come into the Whanga gym over summer - always had track pants on, and only ever worked out their upper bodies. Used to give the locals, and regulars, a chuckle...[/quote]

Chicks dig the guns and the pecs after all ( mind you I don't do nearly as much lower body stuff as I should but am naturally chunkier there than upper body )

Charles Bronson is a good example of a dude with a really powerful UB but comparitively skinny LB. Genetics do play a big part though, I'm sure Tialata would have calves the size of rugby balls with or without weight training.

• I have always had big legs / calves, and unlkike most, LOVE doing leg workouts, so lucky there - my PT says that is most weird - most blokes like the upper body shit - the [i]beach muscles[/i]! I like those too, but a good leg workout and you know all about it, and usually for a few days afterwords too if you do it right!!!

• It always cracks me these guys that a huge upper bodies and twig legs. While genetics do play a part, but they continually work the bench press, peck deck etc to get so unproportional its not funny.

In alternate weeks I like supersetting with an UB set and a LB set, without rest in between. That sort of training has helped me lose inches and really stuffs me which is great

• My reasoning for not doing much LB work is safety in the garage as I don't want to drop the weights and destroy everything in there. I should invest in a good squat rack, anyone know about prices for these ?

• Doesn't matter how much I work my legs they'll always be twigs. I can usually add size to the upper thighs but below is just embarrassing. It's actually pretty gutting. I can still do as heavy a leg weights as other guys but I just can't gain any size. I don't do much legs at all now a days. Just concentrating on the running and cycling. Doing leg weights means I wouldn't be able to run or cycle for 2-3 days afterwards.

The guy in the you tube clip is amazing. As ACT pointed out, his forearm strength is huge!

• [quote]The guy in the you tube clip is amazing. As ACT pointed out, his forearm strength is huge![/quote]

Some of the things he is doing is mind boggling ...

I just got a sweat up watching ...

• [quote name='cd_wilson'][quote]The guy in the you tube clip is amazing. As ACT pointed out, his forearm strength is huge![/quote]

Some of the things he is doing is mind boggling ...

I just got a sweat up watching ...[/quote]

Bruce Lee had huge forearm strength and size for a comparitively little guy. I'd imagine he could piss through a workout similar to this one.....

But this guy whoever he is is farkin impressive isn't he ? for guys hovering near 100kg stuff like that is damn near impossible i'd imagine.....

• following on from that, here's a great workout that I would absolutely not be able to do-but I might take parts of it. They call it a 300 workout. Whatever, it's killer.
    Apologies for the overt US Army bits within the video.

[url="http://www.thebodygenesis.com/james-madison-university-300-workout"]http://www.thebodygenesis.com/james-mad ... 00-workout[/url]

in 28 minutes he does:

25X chin ups
    50X hang cleans 135 lb
    50X plyo push ups
    50X single arm DB snatches 40lb
    25X sit up presses 30 lb
    25X squat jumps
    50X bent over rows, pluu and shrug 95 lb
    25X push up to pull up

• [quote name='Kea']following on from that, here's a great workout that I would absolutely not be able to do-but I might take parts of it. They call it a 300 workout. Whatever, it's killer.
    Apologies for the overt US Army bits within the video.

[url="http://www.thebodygenesis.com/james-madison-university-300-workout"]http://www.thebodygenesis.com/james-mad ... 00-workout[/url]

in 28 minutes he does:

25X chin ups
    50X hang cleans 135 lb
    50X plyo push ups
    50X single arm DB snatches 40lb
    25X sit up presses 30 lb
    25X squat jumps
    50X bent over rows, pluu and shrug 95 lb
    25X push up to pull up[/quote]

That's awesome stuff. I've done another "300" workout which is a bit different to that one.

I've never see sit up presses before, and those bent over rows into shrugs x 50 would be a real killer after all the rest of the stuff.