2007 QF [split thread]

• alt text

• @Megweya said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

@taniwharugby said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

what is this game you all speak of with such great knowledge?

Hi all

(I'm probably going to regret this, but it's late and I'm a bit drunk and the AB-Lions series is 1-1, so no time like the present ...)

I was at the '99 game and the '07 game (as I dared to mention in my first post a month ago). Sport is a weird thing at times - there have been other tours since '71 that the Lions had a good chance of winning; maybe this is going to be one of those weird times.

****If if the Lions are within 4-8 points at 60 minutes, maybe there might be a certain type of throat noise ...?

I watched the game last weekend in a pub in England - there were 2 Kiwis with AB shirts. I said to them at the end "You'll win next week".

But as the week has gone on, the euphoric optimism of sport has made me think it is a 60/40 game in favour of the ABs.
    But that is close in a contact sport with an odd-shaped ball.
    Maybe, just maybe ...

Yet another AB centre pairing ...
    A French ref ...
    A winner-takes-all game between 2 closely-matched teams (forget your opinion: the series is 1-1) - that is a scenario more familiar to NH teams,

What was unthinkable 1 year ago, 1 month ago - it might just happen.

2 sleeps to go. 12 years to wait for redemption.

Enjoy!

Cheers
    Megweya

Are you as pumped for this game as last time Ireland made a rwc final?

• Banned

@jegga said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

@Megweya said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

@taniwharugby said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

what is this game you all speak of with such great knowledge?

Hi all

(I'm probably going to regret this, but it's late and I'm a bit drunk and the AB-Lions series is 1-1, so no time like the present ...)

I was at the '99 game and the '07 game (as I dared to mention in my first post a month ago). Sport is a weird thing at times - there have been other tours since '71 that the Lions had a good chance of winning; maybe this is going to be one of those weird times.

****If if the Lions are within 4-8 points at 60 minutes, maybe there might be a certain type of throat noise ...?

I watched the game last weekend in a pub in England - there were 2 Kiwis with AB shirts. I said to them at the end "You'll win next week".

But as the week has gone on, the euphoric optimism of sport has made me think it is a 60/40 game in favour of the ABs.
    But that is close in a contact sport with an odd-shaped ball.
    Maybe, just maybe ...

Yet another AB centre pairing ...
    A French ref ...
    A winner-takes-all game between 2 closely-matched teams (forget your opinion: the series is 1-1) - that is a scenario more familiar to NH teams,

What was unthinkable 1 year ago, 1 month ago - it might just happen.

2 sleeps to go. 12 years to wait for redemption.

Enjoy!

Cheers
    Megweya

Are you as pumped for this game as last time Ireland made a rwc final?

Or semi-final...

• Can we merge this thread back with the 3rd Test one now?

Pretty much the same.

• @rotated said in 2007 QF [split thread]:

Can we merge this thread back with the 3rd Test one now?

Pretty much the same.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that. Which should be excellent news by the way