Scorz' 2010

• The end of 2009 put an end to proper workouts for me - moving from AKL meant I had no weight lifting equipment for 6 weeks (finding a place) and resorted to "rulks" (that's a cross between a run and walk, people - as opposed to "wans", which is walk and run... keep up!). Which I dislike immensely.

So starting the Monday (11/01) I have been hurling myself back into it... Alternating two weights programs and then into 40mins of cardio on the bike. Also being more Fascist about calorie and carb intake again of course.

This thread is just to keep me from slacking off because the last one was good for motivation.

Kicked off on Monday 11/01 with a lightish full body weights effort, 30 mins on the bike.
    Tuesday did the weights and then mowed the lawn which took about 2 hours and poked me.
    Wednesday did a heavily bench press and quad orientated weights session and then 40mins on the bike.

• [quote name='Scorz']The end of 2009 put an end to proper workouts for me - moving from AKL meant I had no weight lifting equipment for 6 weeks (finding a place) and resorted to "rulks" (that's a cross between a run and walk, people - as opposed to "wans", which is walk and run... keep up!). Which I dislike immensely.

So starting the Monday (11/01) I have been hurling myself back into it... Alternating two weights programs and then into 40mins of cardio on the bike. Also being more Fascist about calorie and carb intake again of course.

This thread is just to keep me from slacking off because the last one was good for motivation.

Kicked off on Monday 11/01 with a lightish full body weights effort, 30 mins on the bike.
    Tuesday did the weights and then mowed the lawn which took about 2 hours and poked me.
    Wednesday did a heavily bench press and quad orientated weights session and then 40mins on the bike.[/QUOTE]

Any weight/fitness goals in particular Scorz ?

Aw and I farkin hate rulking and waning as well.

• Goals? To be ready for a big snowboarding season mostly, so lots of bum and thighs and calves and guts exercises to get into. By-product of which will be losing the excess girth!

• do you have a hill at your house? do hill repeats for an hour, followed by weights. For example, yesterday I did 70 minutes of hill repeats (20 reps, each one fast up, jog down, no break), followed by 5 minutes continual benchpress (stopping when tired, restarting asap), and 5 minutes of pullups mixed with knee lifts.

For your snowboarding, mix in some agility jumping

• [quote name='Kea']do you have a hill at your house? do hill repeats for an hour, followed by weights. For example, yesterday I did 70 minutes of hill repeats (20 reps, each one fast up, jog down, no break), followed by 5 minutes continual benchpress (stopping when tired, restarting asap), and 5 minutes of pullups mixed with knee lifts.

For your snowboarding, mix in some agility jumping[/QUOTE]Nope, no hill! Dunno if the knee would allow me much love running up and down hills too... Also I do weights then cardio, as per the idea that weights = building muscle so better to use the available energy for that, then cardio to deplete calories/burn fat.

I do have some good steps that will come in handy for some plyometric (sp?) stuff closer to the season!

• so how goes it...?

Or is it still 'run fatboy run'...

• Still keeping on keeping on Bartman, have been strictly low-carb lo-cal for about 2 weeks and the effects are not devastating but encouraging. Have been doing more cardio than weights.

• protion size helps too Scorz!! But good lad, keep on!

• Well duh Bartman...

Living on all bran, and bloody chicken with salad, mushroom omelettes, and fruit. So much fruit...

• fruit - I eat ZERO fruit. LOTS of sugars (carbs) in fruit. LOTS.

Correction, I eat 1 banana a day in mid morning protein shake - and that ia a huge treat, normally zero fruit a day, too many cartbs!!

• At least fruit has a bunch of fibre - I try to stay amongst the apples etc... I did have a chart with all the fruit carb numbers somewhere. Besides, better an apple or orange over a muesli bar or a bag of crisps eh!

• Carrots and Peppers are good though aye Bartman ? I often snack on these when at home, helps that there's no shapes ( yum yum I love shapes ) in the cupboard.

• better neither perhaps Scorz!!

carrots are pretty good I thinbk - although they did turn Mrs B orange - that old wives tale IS true!!

• [quote name='BartMan']better neither perhaps Scorz!!

carrots are pretty good I thinbk - although they did turn Mrs B orange - that old wives tale IS true!![/QUOTE]Perhaps!

[URL]http://www.weightlossforall.com/carbohydrates-vegetables.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.weightlossforall.com/carbohydrates-fruit.htm[/URL]

So my smoothies are kinda safe...?

• [quote name='Scorz']Perhaps!

[URL]http://www.weightlossforall.com/carbohydrates-vegetables.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.weightlossforall.com/carbohydrates-fruit.htm[/URL]

So my smoothies are kinda safe...?[/QUOTE]

Bart if I absolutely have to have a beer do you reckon the low carb Macs or Pure Blondes are better ( bearing in mind any beer has fuck all carbs in the first place )

• having had maybe a dozen beers since last April, no bloody idea. And to be fair, I don't really miss them anymore!

How sad is that.

• Well back here away from the beer questions, the weight's gone down, the stamina and speed is increasing, and my protein shake should arrive Tuesday.

• Picked up some new dumbells on the weekend, and some more useful - heavier in one unit - weight plates.

Happiness = biceps are bigger

Grumpiness = dodgy knee twisted today, going to try it out now.

• Well, the Wounded Knee is a bit sore, but not as sore as my shoulders which probably got overdone yesterday due to the stupid knee. Bench press, seated tricep extensions, Military press, Upright row, Rear Delt rows with the new dumbells, rinse and repeat, followed by the usual ipod-Genius-mix-fuelled exer-cycle until my knee got too sore about 15mins in.

Will see how it goes this time...

• Been trucking along with this and lost a bit of weight so far. It really is far more effective to combine avoiding empty carbs, crack into protein shakes, doing weights and cardio in that order for me. Gotta have that "day off" though.

Very noticeable how much longer and faster I can pedal on "upper-body" days and how fast I burn out on "Leg" days!

• Still going here. Not happy with where I'm at, but happy I'm not where I was.

This stupidity happened the other day, I did my weights combo and then jumped on the bike. Because it counts backwards from whatever minutes you set it on I thought it was just a slow day, so made sure I maintained the speed all the way through my 30 minute user program. Made it, then while I was hobbling around trying to stretch whilst recovering I happened to glance at the screen and noticed the nice big "40" in the minute part. Explained the cramping pretty well. 😕

• Still going here! Have lost about 2inches off the waist, legs are startying to shape up, biceps are all good, pissed off with my bung shoulder though it's holding me back from doing bench press and tricep press. Grrr.

Have got my 2010 season pass for Ruapehu, it's a good motivator to start some "proper" training for boarding. Calves, quads and hamstrings, crunches and lots of cardio. Have some good stairs at my place for the calves instead of the piece of 6x2 timber on the ground.

Think I will be going into Tabata for cardio as I'm up to an hour of exercycling and am over that time outlay after work!

• [SIZE=1]concept2concept2concept2[/SIZE]

• Did you say something Bartman...?

Unfortunately it's save save save for a while. /

• Okay Monday and Wednesday nights this week I did 2 sets of legs/chest (12 x seated quads, ham curls, calf raises/ bench press) then 6mins of bike, then 1 set of legs/chest and 10mins bike, 1 set of legs/chest then 15mins bike. Then did some jumps from the ground to the first (some to the second) step out the back.

Then same again Tuesday and Thursday but did shoulders/arms/guts (standing row, bent over row, barbell curl, close grip bench press, dumb-bell preacher curl/weighted crunch) instead. Plus some things I've nicknamed "lateral twists" which involve a common old yard broom on the shoulders and doing a "washing machine" side to side for a minute with the brush side to the left and then to the right.

Friday I did a bit of everything and then 20mins on the bike, a set of bench press and 10mins on the bike.

World of good pain the day after each one. Day off today, day off Sunday and back into it.

Bought a helmet for June 19th opening day at Turoa. It's hanging in front of the exerbike to remind me where I'm going!

• Recent weeks have been interesting, the exercycle suffered a failure of the electronic kind, rendering it a chocolate teapot about 4 weeks ago. In annoyance, I went for a jog. It took me about an hour to plod a few K's in my old Nike trainers that annihilated my feet. So I went and bought some proper running shoes and haven't looked back. I do 5KM nightly Sunday through Thursday, and it's about 200% more effective than that bloody bike. Dodgy knee so far has behaved, but I don't sprint. Ever. Went snowboarding weekend before last and was stoked with my fitness level - still sore the days after, but was punching into and out of the turns and loving it.

Pre run am doing a light alternating circuit of chest/arms or legs/shoulders. Losing weight at a good clip and smiling.

• good lad, we'll see you at the Whanga 5k run then...

• [quote name='BartMan']good lad, we'll see you at the Whanga 5k run then...[/QUOTE]

Haha. Do they have one of those? When is that?

• your mum has done it heaps of times, she'll proibably beat you, and your Dad too...

• [quote name='BartMan']your mum has done it heaps of times, she'll proibably beat you, and your Dad too...[/QUOTE]
    haha, you cheeky fluffybunny...

• Scorz, get yourself a skipping rope. You'll love it. ( Even if your knees might not after awhile 🙂 )

• why, good for bondage??

• Maybe one day MN5, but the knee would just reject it now I reckon.