World XV Team of 2018
sparky last edited by sparky
Similar idea to the NZ XV. Pick a World XV to play the NZ team. Select players who enhanced their reputation or standing this year.
- Steven Kitshoff (South Africa) Massive game against ABs in Wellington, scrummaged well all year.
- Guilherm Guirado (France) Has brought a welcome sense of maturity, professionalism and flair back to French Rugby. Excellent in the 6 Nations.
- Tadhg Furlong (Ireland) Outstanding throughout the year. Developing into one of the greatest Props to ever play the game.
- James Ryan (Ireland) Big unit, athletic, young, Irish folk hero in the making.
- Leone Nakarawa (Fiji) Superb offloading skills. European player of the year.
- Aaron Shingler (Wales) Impressive against Scotland. Dominant ball-carrier.
- Sam Underhill (England) Excellent in Autumn internationals. Very Busy. Best English openside since Neil Back.
- CJ Standler (Ireland) Key man for Ireland in attack and defence
- Faf de Klerk ( South Africa) Busy little terrier. Superb passing.
- Jonny Sexton (Ireland) Mr Reliable. He has worked hard to improve his passing, defence and goal-kicking.
- Jacob Stockdale (Ireland) Big and fast, scores lots of tries. Reminds me of John Kirwan but has a better kicking game.
- Hadleigh Parkes (Wales) vastly improved from when he was at the Blues.
- Huw Jones (Scotland) Former Stormer, superb against England. Always a threat with the ball in hand.
- Jonny May (England) scored 8 international test tries in 2018. Added guile to his pace.
- Matteo Minozzi (Italy) Fast, elusive. 4 tries for Italy in the 6 Nations.
cgrant last edited by
If I had to select just one Italian, it would have been Jake Polledri who was outstanding despite playing in a very poor team.
I am happy you did not mention Marx who was very disappointing this year, particularly as with his throws, nor Jonathan Davies who missed the whole 6 Nations Championship and the June tour. Both of them were systematically selected by the NH journalists in their team of the year.
Yeahtheboys last edited by
I’d probs have mike Delaney in that team