Tommy Robinson

• @Rembrandt that 3 part doco very quickly ceases to be about TR and more about a fella fucken shafted by the deceit and spin of the people in charge of upholding our civilised standards. I know that sounds incongruous but that bloke has been put through the wringer, and for years I thought, "bad fucker, not bad ideas but been to prison for going over the top with his political protest stuff. Must be something a bit off about him".

And then you find out what he went to prison for...each time.

It's more a doco useful for seeing exactly how the system can be abused and what the events and patterns are that we should look out for, I reckon

Good docos shine lights on dark things

• @Siam You should read his book 'Enemy of the state' (while its still able to be purchased...) I came away with that exact feeling. I was fact checking as I went and what I found all checked out. Hell of an interesting read but damn he has been absolutely shafted. No idea where he gets the strength to continue.

• @Rembrandt I think my outrage bin is too full mate 😁

• I think if you want to know what Britain is capable of, not what Britain is, but what it's currently capable of, you should watch this 3 part doco.

• This is the deputy leader of the Labour party writing to the Google CEO to remove Tommy Robinson's YouTube account. That is seriously fucked up, regardless of what you think of Robinson's ideas.

It seems self-evident to me that free speech is an absolutely critical part of a free society, which is why so many flock to the west. How is it that so many people don't seem to understand that?

• @No-Quarter said in Political censorship online:

This is the deputy leader of the Labour party writing to the Google CEO to remove Tommy Robinson's YouTube account. That is seriously fucked up, regardless of what you think of Robinson's ideas.

It seems self-evident to me that free speech is an absolutely critical part of a free society, which is why so many flock to the west. How is it that so many people don't seem to understand that?

That is actually terrifying. How on earth do you turn this around?

• @No-Quarter
    Perhaps they(the left) have decided Tommy is actually being effective in his persuasion. Can't have that. Ban him.

• @Rembrandt said in Tommy Robinson:

@No-Quarter said in Political censorship online:

This is the deputy leader of the Labour party writing to the Google CEO to remove Tommy Robinson's YouTube account. That is seriously fucked up, regardless of what you think of Robinson's ideas.

That is actually terrifying. How on earth do you turn this around?

No what is terrifyng for people of the UK is that they no clue they are sleep walking to fascism. Cause they dont think this effects them

• Banned

How ironic that this comes on the heels of his latest doco about the BBC. Just a coincidence right?

And for the 50 millionth time, how tf is criticising a religion racist? Plenty of people putting their foot into the Catholic Church over George Pell recently. Are they racists? Bigots? It's fucking ridiculous.

• The fact that he tweeted it is great. At least if it does disappear there are clear reasons why and someone to actually push back against.

• @Toddy said in Tommy Robinson:

The fact that he tweeted it is great. At least if it does disappear there are clear reasons why and someone to actually push back against.

Good silver liningti be fair. Transparency is never bad.

• Pretty disgusting.

• @Rembrandt

I live in the UK. TBH he gets very little attention in the media over here. If there is a press vendetta against him they cant be making much money out of it as they don’t cover it above about page 5.

I am getting pretty cynical about the current brand of Internet personalities who go around deliberately provoking situations and then get all outraged when they get a response. (And it’s on both sides - see Covington.)

So looking at the media on this, their story is that a 15 year old Syrian refugee is videoed getting beaten up by a kid at school. And TR weighs in and has a go (on his former FB page) at the refugee. Refugee activists start defamation proceedings on behalf of refugee and serves notice at TR’s address.

Assuming that’s all correct (I haven’t checked as his FB page doesn’t exist anymore!) I’m really not sure what he’s outraged about.

To digress, the videos that really piss me off are the ones where some minimum wage employee gets fired for telling some black/Trump supporter/trans/gay/SJW activist to fuck off. You can almost guarantee that the ‘victim’ has been in that store twenty times earlier that day being a fluffybunny and waiting for the inevitable meltdown. Hopefully post Covington the media will be more willing to call this kind of bullshit out for what it is before piling in and giving the ‘victim’ the ad revenue they were looking for.

• @Calf Its a shame his page is down so we can't see the exact details but I had him followed so have a rough idea of the events. The Syrian refugee incident was a short scuffle at a school between two lads a larger white guy and smaller brown guy which involved some water being squirted on the small kids face. There was a huge media beat up on it taking the narrative that from the short out-of-context video was definitive proof of a hate crime. This made international headlines and led to serious death threats and the English kids family having to go into hiding.

Is it possible that it was race related? Maybe, who knows, but they are dumb kids. I was regularly on the receiving end of much more in my day as are thousands of boys in highschool every day, some deserved some not. It is by no means international press worthy I mean Theresa May even commented on it ffs.

Tommy certainly did get involved in this, he highlighted that the context of the video wasn't known and he also highlighted the large number of death threats from islamic and far left groups against the kid (resulting in the family being forced out of their home under police guard), not to mention mainstream media narrative painting this as evidence of systemic islamophobia in Britain's schools. At one point he got information that the bullied kid had himself been a bully to another kid and he went public with that information (without naming names) which was stupid and after a few hours he put out another video retracting that statement as he couldn't verify it.

Tommy also recently shared another schoolyard drama, a white girl being physically attacked by a number of 'minority' students. It was far more violent than the previous video but zero coverage because it didn't fit a mainstream narrative. Tommy often points out how the media does not coverage events that do not fit a prescribed narrative.

He did nothing different than what dozens of other outlets, or hundreds of celebs, journalists, politicians did except unlike many of these folk he doesn't call for violence.

The video is here with some of the hysterical and extremely dangerous reaction.

Tommy highlights the extremely dangerous hysteria and bias withing mainstream media, the bloke also called out the child rape gangs and endemic islamic terrorism in Luton years before officials started taking any notice. For that he has been completely demonised, the reason he is getting more popular is because people are increasing seeing that he has been speaking truth.

As I say to anyone who doesn't like the guy, try to take an hour out and have a listen to his Oxford union speech to try and hear his side of the story. Fact check and then decide if you think he has been treated fairly or whether there is something going very wrong in 'ol Blightly

• @Rembrandt Will find time to listen to his speech. I don't have much of an opinion on him tbh. I read the stuff about him on here and that's about it as he gets very little coverage otherwise in the UK (although admittedly nothing positive in the UK press).

I guess my simpler point was in relation to the recent clip you posted. If you're in the business of courting controversy you can't really complain if your opponents respond in kind. Getting outraged about service of a lawsuit (even if it was a PR stunt) seems a bit ridiculous.

It's like celebrities/politicians who get caught getting their dicks wet and then all of a sudden want privacy. Nah. If you don't want to be a news story, don't make yourself a news story.

• @Calf If I was just aware of the surface info that media generally write I'd agree with you but when you read a bit more into his story you'll see why this is a very different situation. I've personally gone from really disliking the guy to being in almost awe of how he keeps doing what he does despite the hell he has been put through. I know dozens of others who have had the same change of heart and its that Oxford speech which normally starts the process.

• So Tommy is getting some comeback against journalists and activists who went to what they thought was his home to intimidate and put his wife and kids in significant danger.

Here he is visiting Mike Stuchbery's address for a chat last night. It's probably going to bite him in the ass because in modern day Britain only left wing activists and mainstream journalists are allow to share private individuals home addresses.

The thing with MIke and many like him is they don't quite understand the seriousness of putting Tommy's address out there.

I met this guy Nissar Hussain at an ex-muslim event here in Melbourne. His family are currently in a safe house and he is seeking asylum because the UK is not safe for him and his family since he appeared on a TV show explaining why he left Islam for Christianity. This video shows what happens to an apostate even in Bradford in the UK. The violence starts at 4.15, the only reason he isn't dead is because of some Polish neighbours stepping in.

• @Rembrandt refugee status from Britain because you want to leave a religion.

What a dysfunctional shithole Britain has become!!

• @Calf good luck with finding out a bit more about TR, Calf.
    It's a worthwhile exercise regardless of which conclusions you draw. It was a slightly bitter pill for me to swallow but more knowledge about mainstream media authenticity is really useful in these times