2016 TSF Super Rugby Tipping www.eglobal.co.nz/tsfs16/tsf.htm

• Just dropping this in here for some discussions prior to the season starting (Friday 26 Feb, Blues v Highlanders). Any proposed changes to the tipping rules for this season? There will be a maximum of 9 games per week so if we want to limit it to 8 as per usual then I will just arbitrarily drop the least interesting game? Or keep it at 7 and have the old most/fewest points category?

Speak TSF ............

• Definitely an adjustment to what non-tippers score each week;

• All sides Away 17+, or
    • The same score as the lowest actual tipper of all games that week

Whichever score is lowest 🙂

I initially like the idea of tipping all nine games, though dropping the least interesting game has merit too...

• Yeah, it's humiliating losing to someone that doesn't even turn up.....

• Why not a big fat zero if u don't tip?
    I've done it and it's a horrible feeling but when from time to time you he lucky with a freakish round of away 17+ results, it ain't right.

• Why not a big fat zero if u don't tip?
    I've done it and it's a horrible feeling but when from time to time you he lucky with a freakish round of away 17+ results, it ain't right.

We brought it in because of the teams comp - so the team would still be able to post a score when not all tippers turned up. The Away 17+ actually works OK at Super level as it is a rare result - for NPC (especially last season) it failed spectacularly.

• Makes sense, anyway the default score can just go to the team, not the individual tipper? As unlikely as u said a round of 17+ away scores are

• 5 points lower than the lowest score by someone that actually tipped.

Removes the possibility of fluking a result but still allows teams to get something for their efforts.

• I like DM's idea.

5 points below the worst score for someone who doesn't tip - that is the worst score for someone who tipped all the games.

If you miss games and then tip - you get zero for the games you miss. No excuse for Super Rugby, earliest game is 7.35pm on a Friday.

• Have a wild card round, pick before the weekend to go for double points for the weekend

If you pick all results correct in a weekend, you get a 20 point bonus (regardless of your margins)

We dont wanna change too much otherwise we end up like the real super comp....

• Have a wild card round, pick before the weekend to go for double points for the weekend
    If you pick all results correct in a weekend, you get a 20 point bonus (regardless of your margins)
    We dont wanna change too much otherwise we end up like the real super comp....

I like that except I would say you have to pick wild card round at beginning of Comp. so you have to guess before anyone has played which teams will be weakest etc.
    Maybe a pick the Comp winner bonus on round one. No one would have picked it last season

• dunno, I reckon having to pick the weekend before would be better, that way someone might hold onto it until the end, at which time they might have a poor week and make it worthless...

• I'll be getting this online early this week - 11 days until the first game.

• We're live

http://www.eglobal.co.nz/tsfs16/tsf.htm

You can tip Week 1 already and that is the best way to commit to playing this season. The teams can be fully sorted once I see who tips.

The Squads page lists everyone who has contributed to a competition thread this year and underneath are the squads from last season.

• History - winners of individual and team comps

2006: Crucial. Hurricanes
    2007: Barnya. Stormers
    2008: Donsteppa. Blues North
    2009: Justin77. Aussies
    2010: RugbyGal. Blues Taniwha
    2011: Quo Vadis. Hurricanes Black
    2012: Cactus Jack. Blues A
    2013: Hooroo. Saffas
    2014: Langakali. Barbarians
    2015: Winger. Hurricanes Gold

Crusader tippers, we are due......

• Im in for whoever needs me

• Awesome. Count me in for Blues A or B (whichever is worse and will make me look like the star of the team.)

• Crusader tippers, we are due......

Not to mention any of the Chiefs teams over the years.

• Been a while for a Blues Taniwha/North win, so I guess we are due too :good1:  :good:

• Count me in for Blues A.

• In like Flynn, with Cane's Black again?