Chiefs v Blues Live on Sky Sport 1.

• FYI - Chiefs v Blues  pre season game at Puke will be live on Sky Sport 1 Friday 5pm.

• FYI - Chiefs v Blues  pre season game at Puke will be live on Sky Sport 1 Friday 5pm.

Good to know.  I was thinking of driving up for the game but with the current weather watching on the box might be a better option.  🙂

• I wonder who decides - and why - one preseason game is broadcasted and others aren't. Personally, I'd rather watch the Crusaders v Hurricanes game, but that one isn't even streamed, nor is the Highlanders v Waratahs game (as far as I know).

• If Sky is going to broadcast the game live they need to have cameras and the outside broadcasting unit there.  Puke is close to Auckland so it's convenient for them.

It's only a preseason/trial game!!!

• You don't need Sky to livestream a game. A few Australian games were livestreamed by local tv stations/ the club itself. You don't even need commentary, like they do with some of the Tier 2/3 European games. Just someone to operate the camera, a computer? and an internet connection. The latter might be a problem if you play on a farm ground near Gore, but not if you play in a stadium in Blenheim or a rugby pitch in Queenstown.

• You don't need Sky to livestream a game. A few Australian games were livestreamed by local tv stations/ the club itself. You don't even need commentary, like they do with some of the Tier 2/3 European games. Just someone to operate the camera, a computer? and an internet connection. The latter might be a problem if you play on a farm ground near Gore, but not if you play in a stadium in Blenheim or a rugby pitch in Queenstown.

are you volunteering?

• are you volunteering?

Haha, if I had a good camera, they provided the computer with the right programmes and an internet connection, pay for my travel and accommodation. Why not? Can't everyone hold a camera on a tripod and use the zoomlens? Would probably need permission from the NZRU, too, considering the Aussies had to geoblock everyone outside Oz for Oz v Oz games to comply with regulations. 

But I'm sure people at George FM in Queenstown (just to give an example) would be a lot better at it.

• Feeling optimistic about the Blues this season..
    Will be interesting to see what team Umaga goes with against the Highlanders

• Feeling optimistic about the Blues this season..
    Will be interesting to see what team Umaga goes with against the Highlanders

Don't know what to make of pre season tbh. Will Kaino cop a suspension?