MotM vs Wales 1

• 3 votes as usual.

• Read, Cruden and Ardie Savea off the bench for me.

• Obviously McCaw then Read and Cruden.
    Sorry force of habit on the first one. Everyone else was below their usual standard aside from Barrett and Coles. Coles started so I'll give him the nod.

• Read,Aaron smith and kaino
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I won't vote as I liked the bench so much! Read should be in there however.

• Plenty had their moments, good and bad.
    I liked some of the work Retallick did around the park, he also had some mare moments too, thought cane got through a ton of work and Ben from accounts looked brilliant at times.
    The bench, as usual is a key part of the ABs success, with them all stepping up and making a good impact.

• I went Read, Cruden and Pat T. Pat T gets the bench vote because I thought he turned the game. His lineout steal was huge. Could have gone with Barrett instead.

• I went Read, Cruden and Pat T.

Ditto for me.

• Read and Cruden and then everyone else were all over the show.

Kaino and Cane were both industrious without being standout.
    Retallick was mostly good but that tackle miss was bad, and out of character.
    Coles. His most average game in black for him in a while.
    Aaron Smith was ok but not at his absolute best.
    Ben from Accounting was good in most facets but made two big errors early on.
    Crotty was solid but not startling.
    Barrett, Patty T and Ardie were all good when they came on but they came on late in the game. Patty T was the best of those three I thought.

Maybe I'll go with Patty T for Hydro's reason above - that lineout steal was crucial.

• aucklandwarlord has outed himself as Julian Savea's mum.

Or Savea's local baker.

His Mum is transsexual is he/she?

or maybe he just picked the wrong Savea, although with that hair, Ardie makes it easy to differentiate!

• Read, Cruden and Barrett (he did play 40 minutes)
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• WOW, all the love for Cruden.

I thought he had a pretty average game myself. One good crossfield kick to J. Savea but other than that, didn't really "steer the cutter" with any great aplomb and I think some of his decisions were just outright poor. He certainly over-egged the crossfield kick.

I hope in the next match that they start Sopoanga as I think he is a better team 1st 5/8 than Cruden who is more reactive/instinctive in the game (minus that crazy back over the head kick from Sopoanga). I think he controls the game better and has a better kicking game, both from hand and from the tee.

In fact, I'd rate Sopoanga's tactical kicking the best in the SR comp as he showed last year in their championship run.

I went for Captain Read and then two from the bench who's presence really made a difference and turned the tide... Tuipulotu and Barrett

• WOW, all the love for Cruden.
    I thought he had a pretty average game myself. One good crossfield kick to J. Savea but other than that, didn't really "steer the cutter" with any great aplomb and I think some of his decisions were just outright poor. He certainly over-egged the crossfield kick.
    I hope in the next match that they start Sopoanga as I think he is a better team 1st 5/8 than Cruden who is more reactive/instinctive in the game (minus that crazy back over the head kick from Sopoanga). I think he controls the game better and has a better kicking game, both from hand and from the tee.
    In fact, I'd rate Sopoanga's tactical kicking the best in the SR comp as he showed last year in their championship run.
    I went for Captain Read and then two from the bench who's presence really made a difference and turned the tide... Tuipulotu and Barrett

I think a whole host of starters didn't cover themselves in glory or played consistently well.