Highlanders Kings, Super Bang Bang

• Plenty of good cattle sitting on the bench should the starting team struggle to put away the pitiful Kings.

Everyone's favourite enigma is starting in the wing, while I'm looking forward to see Te Aihe Toma at halfback.

Highlanders by 25.

1. Daniel Lienert-Brown
    2. Ash Dixon3. Josh Hohneck
    3. Mark Reddish
    4. Tom Franklin
    5. Gareth Evans
    6. Shane Christie (C)
    7. Luke Whitelock
    8. Te Aihe Toma
    9. Marty Banks
    10. Ryan Tongia
    11. Rob Thompson
    12. Jason Emery
    13. Jack Wilson
    14. Matt Faddes

RESERVES

1. Greg Pleasants-Tate
    2. Aki Seiuli
    3. Siosuia Halanukonuka
    4. Liam Squire
    5. Dan Pryor
    6. Jamie Booth
    7. Lima Sopoaga
    8. Patrick Osborne

• The TAB have given the Kings a 27.5 point head start! I'm having a punt, considering they've ripped the spine out of the Highlanders team.

Even against the Kings, can Te Aihe Toma and Marty Banks lead the team to a 28 point victory?

EDIT: Admittedly there is some good firepower on the bench, but still.

• Even against the Kings, can Te Aihe Toma and Marty Banks lead the team to a 28 point victory?

Why not? After all - they did against the Crusaders in the last (June break) game - in the pouring rain.

• Why not? After all - they did against the Crusaders in the last (June break) game - in the pouring rain.

Maybe I'm forgetting just how shit the Kings are, but it seems like a very generous points start, considering the travel and lack of star players.

Good point re the Crusaders game.

• Highlanders forcing the offloads, not going to hand. Lots of shitty play so far.

• A grad total of 38 people in the crowd.

• Sad to see so many empty seats in that stadium again.

Btw, Marty Banks is out with a hamstring injury, so Sopoaga is starting & Fletcher Smith on the bench.

• C'mon Landers, I didn't get up early to be bored to sleep again. I expect a try fest!

• I want my margin covered damn it.

• Toma seems a bit overawed by the occasion of his debut, his throwing's not very accurate so far

• Finally, after 22 minutes the first try (Faddes).

• thats the worst half the Highlanders have played this season, surely

• The Landers don't seem to be able to pass tonight.

• Missed tackle from Emery and the Kings score a try. I don't remember seeing the Highlanders play so bad before, this season. They sure miss the likes of Ben and Aaron Smith. 

10-8 Highlanders at half time.

• absolute horror show, HT, Landers lead 10-8

• Continuity thing with all the subs and then injury replacements before game.

• Second try Faddes in the 45th minute.

• Try Dan Pryor. Sops misses the conversion. Highlanders lead 20 to 8 after 55 minutes.

• And the Kings are in again, Holy shit what a shitter than shit game from the Highlanders. They should put 50 on these guys, instead it's only 20 to 18 in their favour.

• So Tongia off but the other wing who has been average stays on.  Is this something to do why he is not playing more?