Great week for sport

• I think it was KP who noted that anyone in our athletics team who was half a chance for a medal got one and I think that almost extends across all sports for last week.

I guess the hockey girls are an exception and I'm very disappointed for them - gutting to come away with two Olympic fourths - I suppose Andrea Hewitt might have grabbed a medal if she'd had a great day out and some other hadn't, but I wasn't expecting it. A few others here and there.

But quite a few surprises on the podium. Just saw on TV a gathering of the NZ medalists and there's heaps of people with medals around the necks - more than 30. Awesome!

Then Saturday night the ABs with a comprehensive "Don't forget about us" and, for me, Canterbury and the Makos both winning, as well.

It's not often that you get quite as much winning, with so little disappointment. I thought I would mark it!  🙂

• I think Eliza's bronze and the Fiji gold are my 2 fave moments of this Olympics....

For Eliza, just her reactions and attitude, just awesome to see!

Fiji's first medal, gold, what it meant to them and Fiji, just wow!

Obviously Lisa, Bond, Murray, Willis, Tuke, Walsh et al, Bolt as well, all great moments, but those first 2 seemed a little bit more special for some reason.

• Stoked that the real ABs made such a strong statement after those pretend All Blacks did as much as they could to damage the brand at the Olympics.

• I think Eliza's bronze and the Fiji gold are my 2 fave moments of this Olympics....

For Eliza, just her reactions and attitude, just awesome to see!

Fiji's first medal, gold, what it meant to them and Fiji, just wow!

Obviously Lisa, Bond, Murray, Willis, Tuke, Walsh et al, Bolt as well, all great moments, but those first 2 seemed a little bit more special for some reason.

On a first name basis with the female athletes TR you old dog ?

I was pretty limited in terms of coverage on my holiday but seeing Bolt do his thing and Tom Walshes efforts were the highlights whilst there.

• All of the above plus HARBOUR WON A GAME!!!!

• And my side won their major semi on the weekend and will play a GF in 2 weeks. Fucking ripper of a weekend sporting-wise

(We won't mention the Warriors. Or BOP. Or Liverpool. Fuck. Okay, put me down for a c+)

• And my side won their major semi on the weekend and will play a GF in 2 weeks. Fucking ripper of a weekend sporting-wise

(We won't mention the Warriors. Or BOP. Or Liverpool. Fuck. Okay, put me down for a c+)

I'm the same but only coming of three matches, ABs, Magpies and Warriors.

Was nice to read about the Olympics on the thread here though. It played out like a good drama. On one page there was no way Ko was going to get a medal and then a few pages later she had a silver.

• I'm the same but only coming of three matches, ABs, Magpies and Warriors.

Was nice to read about the Olympics on the thread here though. It played out like a good drama. On one page there was no way Ko was going to get a medal and then a few pages later she had a silver.

Suspect those comments were from people who dont follow Lydia too often. She normally really makes her move in rounds 3 and usually 4 (not so much this time). Always get the best TAB odds end of round 2.

• (We won't mention the Warriors. )

Their bandwagon went past my house before the Souths' match. Lots of noise and flashing lights - it looked like it might be fun and I thought about getting on.

But, I wisely resisted the temptation and so my week was not dampened in the slightest!  🙂

• Their bandwagon went past my house before the Souths' match. Lots of noise and flashing lights - it looked like it might be fun and I thought about getting on.

But, I wisely resisted the temptation and so my week was not dampened in the slightest!   🙂

haha. That bandwagon has burned me too many times. I refuse to jump on, and always expect the worst. Still rubbish when they get another flogging though.

• haha. That bandwagon has burned me too many times. I refuse to jump on, and always expect the worst. Still rubbish when they get another flogging though.

well it was on fire when it drove past my place, so knew to stay away

• I think it was KP who noted that anyone in our athletics team who was half a chance for a medal got one and I think that almost extends across all sports for last week.

I'm pretty astute huh?

I was happiest for Luuka Jones who has been toiling away for years slowly rising up the rankings but nobody gave her a chance of a medal. She's been in Europe every summer since she was 17, so that's over a decade of commitment and finally a day of glory. Plus of course she's a local.

• I'm pretty astute huh?

I was happiest for Luuka Jones who has been toiling away for years slowly rising up the rankings but nobody gave her a chance of a medal. She's been in Europe every summer since she was 17, so that's over a decade of commitment and finally a day of glory. Plus of course she's a local.

And the shooting medal as well - another totally out of left field.

• And the shooting medal as well - another totally out of left field.

And when she was asked how she was going to celebrate ... "I'm not sure, maybe go back to my room and have a hot chocolate"

• ABs, Canterbury, Saints, NZ Pole Vault medal, and the kids won their sporting games.