Your 4 midfielders for the Lions

• Based on what Hansen has said and who he has selected, these seem to be the pool of players.

• Sonny Bill Williams (injured), Ryan Crotty (injured this week), Malakai Fekitoa, George Moala (injured), Anton Lienert-Brown, Seta Tamanivalu, Rieko Ioane, Charlie Ngatai (injured), and Hansen also named-checked Richard Buckman at one stage.
      I consider Ngātai totally unproven at AB level. At the moment, assuming everyone fit and 4 spots: SBW, Crotty, Fekitoa, Moala for me.

• Bizzle, Ngatai, Fekitoa, Moala for me.

• ALB, Ngatai, Moala, Crotty

• SBW, Ngatai, Crotty, Moala

• I'm with you Billy Tell.

• Shit, I was supposed to write Leinert-Brown instead of Malakai.

• SBW, Moala, Fekitoa, ALB

• SBW, Moala, Fekitoa, ALB
    From what we've seen of their displays, they're the four. Lots of rugby between now and then however.

• sbw crotty alb ngatai

• R.Ranger (Blues) (rediscovers his mojo)
    R.Ioane (Blues) (revelation on EOYT)
    G.Moala (Blues)
    C.Piutau (Blues)

C.Piutau to come back and slot into the midfield with stunning & mercurial efficiency. Fuck all these safety first options. Run and gun baby.

Charles, I’m sorry I called you a mercenary c**t 17 times on the internet. I forgive you. You were young and made a stupid mistake. WELCOME BACK TO NEW ZEALAND NOW.

G.Moala (Blues)
    C.Piutau (Blues)

C.Piutau to come back and slot into the midfield with stunning & mercurial efficiency. Fuck all these safety first options. Run and gun baby.

Charles, I’m sorry I called you a mercenary c**t 17 times on the internet. I forgive you. You were young and made a stupid mistake. WELCOME BACK TO NEW ZEALAND NOW.

if you going to be the crazy Blues fan, at least be realistic and start fangirling over SBW

• Ha - you stole that question from me, Billy - but, I won't stick an arrow through your forehead for it - I'll aim at the apple.  🙂

Assuming full fitness, SBW is a mortal lock, though I'm not sure whether they'd consider him more at centre rather than second five. I hope they will.

I'm somewhat inclined to think a Ngatai/SBW combination is the best we have right now. Crotty on the bench and Fekitoa, pressed by Moala, in the wings.

ALB and Reiko Ioane eventually to make their way into proceedings as SBW and others exit - and Buckman to pretty much miss out.

• SBW

sorry, no can do, this year took a self-imposed moratorium on reading anything about the individual in question

G.Moala (Blues)
    C.Piutau (Blues)

Rene Ranger is dial-at-least-one-stupid-unforced-error-per-match.  Will never play for NZ again, barring a heap of injuries.

Piutau is gone until 2018 at the earliest.  I doubt he ever returns TBH: neither the RWC nor the Olympics nor the Lions were enough to keep him here, and he is a genuine superstar in Europe on big bikkies.   Doubt he accepts dropping down to base Super Rugby pay on the hope he cracks the AB XV.

Moala I like, but still relatively unproven.  Ditto for Ioane.

I realise you're takng the piss by naming all the Blues brothers, you forgot SBW, though.

Super XV 2017 will be worth watching alone based on the midfield battle.

I went for Crotty and SBW as the 12s and Fekitoa and Moala as the 13s.

But the others are all in with a shot.  Can't believe how worried we were about the AB midfield post Nonu/Smith.  Nothing to worry about at all, plenty of options.

• 'another crack' at All Blacks jersey"I'll see how I feel at the end of my Ulster contract but the plan is to go back to New Zealand and have another crack at the All Blacks."in Stuff from March, so must be true!

• If Charles Piutau comes back, it could be on the wing and not in an already crowded midfield.
    I would go with Moala, ALB, Crotty and AN Other. Fekitoa seems to be a Hansen's favorite while Ngatai and Ioane are still to make their debut. Tamanivalu is just a stop gap for the moment.
    SBW will struggle to get back after his injury as players who have ruptured their Achille's tendon always do.

• sorry, no can do, this year took a self-imposed moratorium on reading anything about the individual in question

Me and several others missed you DP.  🙂

• Second test in Wellington, 21st minute, #10 Beauden Barrett, with the wide pass to #12 Jordie Barrett who scythes past Jamie Roberts to score, he had #13 Charlie Ngatai there in support also...

Good Taranaki backline there...

Jordie Barrett
    Anton Leinart-Brown
    Charlie Ngatai
    Ryan Crotty.

SBW cooked. Fekitoa found to be cooking Meth - hence the erratic performances. Tumanivula - also cooked. Bacon mostly. Gets fat.

• In all honesty though, if we had Beauden at 10, Jordie at 12, Ngatai at 13, Ben Smith at 15, Naholo at 11, Milner-Skudder at 14 - there would be legitimate claims to being the fastest AB's backline ever.

Beaudan is a jet, his brother seems as quick. there should a database where we can check their 40m sprint times somewhere. 

I'm going to start a new thread on this...

• On the subject of the Lions tour, the Premiership club owners are already whining about the schedule:http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/37208971