Ranfurly Shield - Waikato v Manawatu

• The Waikato team to play Manawatu at FMG Stadium Waikato in Hamilton on Sunday 4 September (kick off 4.35pm) is:

1. Loni Uhila (Hamilton Marist)
    2. Hame Faiva (University)
    3. Atu Moli (University)
    4. Jacob Skeen (University)
    5. Brian Alainu'uese (University)
    6. Jordan Manihera (Hamilton Old Boys)
    7. Murray Iti (Otorohanga)
    8. Whetu Douglas (University)
    9. Isaac Boss (Southern United) - captain
    10. Sam Christie (Fraser Tech)
    11. Sevu Reece (Melville)
    12. Willis Halaholo
    13. Nathaniel Apa (Fraser Tech)
    14. Jordan Trainor (Fraser Tech)
    15. Damian McKenzie (University)
    16. Steven Misa (Hamilton Marist)
    17. Sefo Kautai (Hamilton Marist)
      18. Latu Talakai (Fraser Tech)
    18. Brad Tucker *
    19. Mitch Jacobson (Hautapu)
    20. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (Hautapu)
    21. Tevita Taufui (Melville)
    22. Iliesa Ratuva Tavuyara (Hamilton Old Boys)

• Awesome!

• If Manawatu wins, their first defence is vs Canterbury.

Pretty sure there's already no path for Tasman to get a challenge this season....again!

#c*nts!

• If Manawatu loses Canterbury still get the next chance at I I think.

Either way, the Shield is going to Canterbury in the next few weeks

• I think Taranaki get a shot at Waikato before Canterbury.

If it goes that path then Manawatu will get a second Shield Challenge for the season. But, if they don't take it then Canterbury has away games vs both Waikato and Taranaki the following week.

Somewhere along the line, you'd think Canterbury is going to nab it.

Remarkably, Tasman won't even get an unwinnable first up challenge vs the Cantabs next season - since that fixture will be up here...unless one of us gets relegated!  🙂

• Ahh you are right Taranaki are looking sharp at the moment too!

Drive it Waikato!

• Let's go Poo. I think they're in with a real show if they play with the same sort of endeavour they did vs Otago.

• Duluth.

Double or nothing? That would be two beers and two plates (to share of course) of Chicken wings? 🙂

Just a heads up, if we still ahve the Shield playing Canterbury, I will not be betting against Canterbury

• Manawatu hasn't held the RS since 1978.  So if Waikato is to lose I'd rather it be them.  The other teams - fuck off!

• If Manawatu loses Canterbury still get the next chance at I I think.

Either way, the Shield is going to Canterbury in the next few weeks

Yes unfortunately.

• A late change to the Waikato team.  Brian Alainu'uese has withdrawn due to personal reasons and is replaced by Brad Tucker (James' brother).  Adam Burn comes onto the bench.

For you Cantabs, is Tucker the elder any good?  I assume he is another undersized lock.

MANAWATU: Jason Emery, Newton Tudreu, Hamish Northcott, Ngani Laumape, Ambrose Curtis, Otere Black, Toby Morland, Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Callum Gibbins (c), Jackson Hemopo, Kane Thompson, Tom Parsons, Mike Alaalatoa, Hunter Prescott, Fraser Armstrong.
    Reserves: Travis Taylor, Tuki Raimona, Chris Eves, Valentino Mapapalangi, Antonio Kiri Kiri, Jamie Booth, Sam Malcolm, Nathan Tudreu. 

Referee: Paul Williams

• A bit late because the fern was down but just in case you guys missed it, the good guys won!

• @Unco
    Yep bring on the next challenge! The Sheild will be heading home to the Naki....where we will keep it warm for the turn-coat brothers to take it south where I imagine it will stay for some time

• The Ryan Wheeler memorial trophy will be up for grabs too!