Auckland 2018

• Beer confirmed the World Cup was also set to make it very difficult to retain the core group of this year's title-winning squad who lost just once in 2018 and snapped a run of nine championships in 10 years by the Red and Blacks.

"We'll be looking to work through the contracting with players, which Alama is across" added the Auckland boss. "But we've got to be considerate of what players might be available for Rugby World Cup selection across different nations. A few of them could be picked off by different countries, such as Canada, Australia and the Pacific Island nations.

• @tim said in Auckland 2018:

Beer confirmed the World Cup was also set to make it very difficult to retain the core group of this year's title-winning squad who lost just once in 2018 and snapped a run of nine championships in 10 years by the Red and Blacks.

"We'll be looking to work through the contracting with players, which Alama is across" added the Auckland boss. "But we've got to be considerate of what players might be available for Rugby World Cup selection across different nations. A few of them could be picked off by different countries, such as Canada, Australia and the Pacific Island nations.

poaching fucks.

• Tweet from Radiosport's guy who covers the Blues and Auckland:

• @tim whilst the Blues CEO Redman is an absolute muppet - i've been very impressed by this new Auckland CEO Bear. He's shown how to facilitate a turnaround.

• @tim They should purchase the Blues license (preferably with NH and Northland investing as well)

• I wonder if Bear is gunning for that Blues CEO position?

• @tim said in Auckland 2018:

Beer confirmed the World Cup was also set to make it very difficult to retain the core group of this year's title-winning squad who lost just once in 2018 and snapped a run of nine championships in 10 years by the Red and Blacks.

Guys who might not be available next season:

Evan Olmstead, Mike Sosene-Feagai, Fa'atiga Lemalu, Leon Fukofuka, Dalton Papali'i, Akira Ioane(with 10+ backrow injuries, it could happen).

I can easily see both Melani Nanai and Tumua Manu putting their names forward for Samoa. Both turn 26 next year and might want to go to a World Cup while they're in their primes.

Let's say all those guys are unavailable, this is what the line-up might look like next season:

15 Jordan Trainor
    14 Vince Aso
    13 Tanielu Telea
    12 TJ Faiane
    11 Salesi Rayasi
    10 Harry Plummer
    9 Jonathan Ruru
    8 Hoskins Sotutu
    7 Blake Gibson
    6 Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa
    5 Taleni Seu
    4 Jack Whetton
    3 Marcel Renata
    2 Robbie Abel
    1 Ezekiel Lindenmuth

16 Kurt Eklund
    17 Sam Prattley
    18 Marco Feapuleai
    19 John Akau'ola-Laula/Lyndon Dunshea
    20 Sione Havili/Adrian Choat
    21 Desma Liaina
    22 Daniel Kirkpatrick
    23 Caleb Clarke

Actually not that bad to me, but this teams needs to stay pretty healthy to win it again.

• @dice said in Auckland 2018:

Actually not that bad to me, but this teams needs to stay pretty healthy to win it again.

Remember an extended squad of ABs will be missing - so will hurt someof the competition