Waikato vs Southland - Ranfurly Shield

• @Chris-B Just for you, I'll start the match thread early...

• @bovidae Excellent. Let's see if anyone other than us is excited enough to post on it.

• I am excited about a team that has hopefully actually started to play as one.

But you'll have to tell me about it, because I'm out of TV coverage for the next month.

• Do we still have the Shield? Oh sweet! 😊

• This is pretty much my only enjoyment of the NPC as I don't care what division we lie in when you play both anyways.

Southland seem to pull it out when playing for the shield so I won't be gobsmacked if we lose and if there is any team I don't mind having the shield, it is Southland. In saying all that, I hope we crush them.

• Hooroo said:

This is pretty much my only enjoyment of the NPC as I don't care what division we lie in when you play both anyways.

Southland seem to pull it out when playing for the shield so I won't be gobsmacked if we lose and if there is any team I don't mind having the shield, it is Southland. In saying all that, I hope we crush them.

You clearly haven't seen Southland play this season then....

• KiwiMurph said:

Hooroo said:

This is pretty much my only enjoyment of the NPC as I don't care what division we lie in when you play both anyways.

You clearly haven't seen Southland play this season then....

They were quite tidy v Counties but yeah, I do hear you

• Waikato should win comfortably but Southland have absolutely nothing to lose.

I can't wait for an afternoon game.