All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC

• @MN5 said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@Bones said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@MN5 said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@rotated said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@shark said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

I made the point that the ABs these days predominantly select 2m + guys. If it were true that jumping ability trumps height, then surely we wouldn't see them go for as many guys at 2m or taller.

Since 2002, off the top of my head:

To be fair the lock selection in the past 16 years can be broadly catagorized as:

2004-2011 - Literally who is not injured.
    2012-2019 - Rettalick/Whitelock.

The only time in that period where they had a serious choice between the two groups was in 2011 where to be fair they were content with one 2 metre+ lock in Whitelock and paired him with Thorn while attempting to see if they could catch lightning in a bottle with Hoeata.

Having a quality third option in Read consistently in the side for the past 12 years has been a major part of the lineout equation too.

Jack was a good player and Boric woulda been better if he didn't retire hurt.

No mention of Chresten Davis?

Only played Blindside for the ABs.

Fuck bro, sometimes I wonder if you even watch Rugby.

Blindsided Caleb Ralph, that's for sure. HAR HAR HAR

• @Bones said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@Bones said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@rotated said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

@shark said in All Blacks locking stocks post 2019 RWC:

I made the point that the ABs these days predominantly select 2m + guys. If it were true that jumping ability trumps height, then surely we wouldn't see them go for as many guys at 2m or taller.

Since 2002, off the top of my head:

To be fair the lock selection in the past 16 years can be broadly catagorized as:

2004-2011 - Literally who is not injured.
    2012-2019 - Rettalick/Whitelock.

The only time in that period where they had a serious choice between the two groups was in 2011 where to be fair they were content with one 2 metre+ lock in Whitelock and paired him with Thorn while attempting to see if they could catch lightning in a bottle with Hoeata.

Having a quality third option in Read consistently in the side for the past 12 years has been a major part of the lineout equation too.

Jack was a good player and Boric woulda been better if he didn't retire hurt.

No mention of Chresten Davis?

Only played Blindside for the ABs.

Fuck bro, sometimes I wonder if you even watch Rugby.

Blindsided Caleb Ralph, that's for sure. HAR HAR HAR

Stop posting right now.

You will NEVER do another one this good.