Breakfast

• What are some of the breakfast habits of the fatbusters?

If I am doing cardio in the morning then I will go to the gym first and have breakfast at work - toast or porridge sache usually.

However, while it is ideal to do weights in the arvo, it is not working out for me, so I will have to do it in the morning. I think you really need to have breakfast before that, so I need something really fast, but that also works really fast as I will need to draw on those carbos immediately.

Musli is good, but takes a while to eat. Maybe whole grain toast?

What works for you guys?

• If Im in a hurry I down a homemade protein shake (with scoop whey, banana x2, yoghurt) plus abit of fruit.  If I have time its a 4 egg (one yolk) omelete with some mushrooms, onions and other veges thrown in and a few slices of vogel.

• cornflakes or weetbix and milk!!

• I generally dont eat breakfast, bad I know, but normally I start work at 5am so getting up an extra 30 minutes earlier isnt really that high in my want to do list. I try not to exercise in the mornings if not because I dont like to exercise on an empty stomach but by the same measure I dont like doing cardio after Ive just eaten.
    Im not that into my weights at the moment because Im focussing more on fitness but it used to just be a couple of bananas or a milkshake before I hit the gym when I was doing them

• I've only been going for a week now, but my breakfasts are pretty quick (take about 10 mins to eat)

I have about 1 cup of muesli with no milk and a protein shake to wash it down. Boring, but I have noticed a huge difference in my energy levels throughout the day by getting into the breakfast again.

• [quote name='BartMan']
    cornflakes or weetbix and milk!!
    [/quote]

Yeah, a bit of milk can do you the world of good. That's what I try and tell the girlfriend anyway.

For me it's trying to find a balance between something that is quick to prepare and eat, but also substantial enough to get me through a weights work out first thing in the morning. I think you're right Bart - weetbix might be the way to go.

Mickster, what do you mean muesli without milk? You mean just crunching into it?

RB, that omlete sounds primo - you should open up a shop. Milkshake would probably be a goer too.

• two weet bix with a banana chopped up, followed by either a bowl of sultana bran or nutrigrain. Large glass of OJ - or that "Brekky Juice" stuff which has multiple juices in it...

• [quote name='Milk']
    [quote name='BartMan']
    cornflakes or weetbix and milk!!
    [/quote]

Yeah, a bit of milk can do you the world of good. That's what I try and tell the girlfriend anyway.

For me it's trying to find a balance between something that is quick to prepare and eat, but also substantial enough to get me through a weights work out first thing in the morning. I think you're right Bart - weetbix might be the way to go.

Mickster, what do you mean muesli without milk? You mean just crunching into it?

[b]RB, that omlete sounds primo - you should open up a shop. Milkshake would probably be a goer too.[/b]
    [/quote]

I would eat all the profits and then have to rely on someone like Jerry Springer to do a special show on me where he could embarrass me on national TV by arranging to have me cut out of the building and transported to fat camp.

• Microwaved porridge. Non-fat milk, only takes two and a half minutes in the microwave, honey and cinnamon on top, protein shake with it, fist-full of grapes to munch in the car on the way into the office/train, set for the day.  😁

• Couple of pieces of toast with vegemite, cuppa tea and half a glass of OJ. Gym then a protein shake at the end of my sesh and a banana at work.

• [quote name='Bones']
    Couple of pieces of toast with vegemite, cuppa tea and half a glass of OJ. Gym then a protein shake at the end of my sesh and a banana at work.
    [/quote]

And you can get through a pretty sweet gym work out with that Bones?

• Bacon and eggs for me, or actually one egg and 2 rashers of bacon

• [quote name='Milk']

[b]Mickster, what do you mean muesli without milk? You mean just crunching into it?[/b]

RB, that omlete sounds primo - you should open up a shop. Milkshake would probably be a goer too.
    [/quote]

Yeah I just dig straight into it. I don't like skim milk all that much so I just pour a bowl of cereal and start munching. I plan in buying some vanilla protien and trying that as milk when I get through my current container.

• Could also use fruit juice or canned fruit (with the juice of course)...

• I know someone who puts all of his breakfast in the blender then drinks it while driving to work.

From memory it has something like

1-2 scoops of protien
    1 cup of oats
    some fruit (such as strawberries or a bananna)
    and skim milk

Never tried it myself so I cant tell you whether it tastes good or not.

• that would make it hell if you ahd bacon and eggs...

• Would that be a bacon omelette frappe?

Or should we just call it "fromelette" :nta

• A mixed grill.

Would not be a good way to start the fatbusting day.  :happy:

• Protein shake first thing, swallowing down creatine tablet and fish oil capsule with it.

Train to work.

Just before i go into office i go to local cafe and buy a bread roll with two sausages and a cup of tea.

Awesome.