9. Brad Weber
    10. Ihaia West
    11. Mason Emerson
    12. Billy Ropiha
    13. Jonah Lowe
    14. Robbie Fruean
    15. Ryan Tongia

Reserves:
    16. Jorian Tangaere  17. Jason Long  18. Tolu Fahamokioa  19. Ross Filipo  20. Hugh Renton  21. Ellery Wilson  22. Tiaan Falcon  23. Matt Garland

Hope this new line-up with Fruean at 14 and Tongia at 15 will work better. Lewis Marshall is paying for his mistakes (missing a tackle - leading to a try - and tackling Tongia in the process, is one example from last game).
      Good to see TBW back; not too sure about Hamelink getting a start, although Lamborn doesn't seem to do too well at 7 (under the new rules).

• Marshall is unavailable due to concussion, and Lamborn unavailable due to illness.

• Marshall is unavailable due to concussion, and Lamborn unavailable due to illness.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Another concussion. I wonder why so many players our out with concussion these days. Are they only now taking concussion seriously, or are the numbers really increasing? If it's the latter, why?

• Thanks for clearing that up.

Another concussion. I wonder why so many players our out with concussion these days. Are they only now taking concussion seriously, or are the numbers really increasing? If it's the latter, why?

More head knocks, I would say

• McNicol and Chase are both still out due to concussion.

Boswell-Wakefield is back from the shoulder injury he sustained in the final pre-season match v North Harbour.

• Lewis Marshall is paying for his mistakes (missing a tackle - leading to a try - and tackling Tongia in the process, is one example from last game).

If missing a tackle leading to a try was the reason then Mr. Phillpot would be struggling to name a 15 such were the numbers that would be excluded after the Taranaki match. Hopefully things will improve in the tackling stakes, it could hardly get any worse.

• If missing a tackle leading to a try was the reason then Mr. Phillpot would be struggling to name a 15 such were the numbers that would be excluded after the Taranaki match. Hopefully things will improve in the tackling stakes, it could hardly get any worse.

Didn't note the "is one example" in my comment? But you're right that defence has been a huge issue for a lot of players. I wonder whether/how much the new rules (or inability to adapt to these rules & the refs interpretation of them) has really played a role.

I hope they've watched Otago play, because they seem to have found a good way of playing under these rules.

• Sad to say but a very unispiring start by the Bay and it's already HB 0 -  3 Counties (drop goal to Piers Francis) after just three minuntes. The Bay yet to get their hands on the ball.

• Despite a huge demolition of the Counties scrum they still manage to win a penatly from the reset which results in a scabby kick and chase try to Counties HB 00 - 10. Eight minutes gone.

• Take the points you muppets! A HB penalty direct in front 15 metres out and they kick for touch and then stuff the lineout up.

• A take the points plea after another penalty in a similar position to the last one.

• What an average start.

Can't say I've seen anything of note from this Samoan 7s player at 8.

• Thankfully commonsense prevails and Ihaia West converts the opportunity into three points. HB  03 - 10 Counties after 15 minutes

• What an average start.

Give Mikaele Tu'u a chance I say

• What an average start.

Agreed on both counts (Mike Coman might not have been so bad after all!!!!) but somehow the Bay manage to score a try wide out on the right to Robbie Fruean and its nicely converted by West HB  10 - 10  Counties after twenty minutes

• That should never have been a try to Counties, foot on the line by Counties at the start of that movement

• HB tackling is pathetic

• If the tactic by the coach is to kick it away and we can't tackle, how do they expect to win

• That should never have been a try to Counties, foot on the line by Counties at the start of that movement

Yeah we seem to suffer at the hands of touch judges and TMOs in Napier

• URRRGGGGGGHHH, how much more of this shit can someone take as Counties score a rediculously easy converted try