Rio 2016: Professional boxers could compete at Olympic Games

• I'm in favour of it, and generally in favour of any change to the Olympics that makes it the pinnacle of the sport in question.
    The soccer, for example, is a joke.

• I'm in favour of it, and generally in favour of any change to the Olympics that makes it the pinnacle of the sport in question.
    The soccer, for example, is a joke.

That's why they have the World Cup.

And football along with a gang of other sports should be nowhere near the Olympics IMHO.

I'm talking to you golf.

• That's why they have the World Cup.

And football along with a gang of other sports should be nowhere near the Olympics IMHO.

I'm talking to you golf.

And you, tennis, are on thin ice.

• As a boxing fan I might have to think this one through , 

Its certainly would be a massive change to the sport , 

The Amateur ranks  always have been the stepping stone to the pro ranks , and Olympic gold was the pinnacle of the amateur ranks , 

My gut feeling is I dont think I like it , and what it might do to does to amateur boxing

• That's why they have the World Cup.

I'm talking to you golf.

No dispute about about that.

The thing is though that the other way of looking at it is that IF a sport is going to be at the Olympics it should be the best. So either remove boxing or make it open to all.

However, my basic understanding is that there are differences between 'amateur boxing' and 'pro boxing' sportwise. Top amateurs don't necessarily make top pros and vice-versa.

• Repost