Haka Leader 2016

• It occured to me the other day that the A.Bs will have a newbie Haka leader in 2016 with Mealamu, Messam and Rich all gone burgers.
    Im picking the three main candidates will be Aaron Smith, TJ Perenara (if he gets picked) and Keiran Read (Captain) with Smith beng the favourite.
    Id personally like to see Damian lead it with that cheeky smile of his. ūüėČ

• This is an easy one, Ngatai.

• Leyton already asked this vital question with a thread about 10 seconds after the World Cup final finished.

• Please not TJP. I have visions of Kelleher.
    Needs to be a senior player and leader IMO.
    Read, Coles, Cane, A Smith, Cruden all candidates.

• This is an easy one, Ngatai.

Hopefully he doesn't injure himself while leading it.

• Please, not squeaky voice Aaron Smith. Don't want a mouse version of the haka.

Read or Coles for me. Kaino is also an option.

• Perenara aint bad. similar to Weepu. Did it for the Under 20s a few years ago. Just has to make the 23 first though.
    Skudder could be an option when he returns.

• Not earth shatteringly important really.
    But kind of interesting to ponder.
    I'm pucking Read as skipper.
    But it don't really matter.

• Read grows ginger facial hair, doesn't he? That alone should disqualify him.

• Dane Coles for me
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Please, not squeaky voice Aaron Smith. Don't want a mouse version of the haka.
    Read or Coles for me. Kaino is also an option.
    Not squeaky voice Smith, but plumping for Read??

• Shame HIka aint a front line AB...Codie Taylor looks tough enough to do it, but not a starter or senior AB.

• Charlie Faumuina would be pretty scary leading it.

• The ABs have had the less than fearsome or decent Caleb Ralph leading it in the past probably based on him being the only Maori in the team at the time.

As booboo said, not particularly important all things considered.

So do half the maori i know

• Ben from Accounting should lead it!

What's wrong with growing ginger facial hair?........asking on behalf of a friend.
    He also said to tell you it's not actually ginger the name of the colour is Viking sunset but not to worry it's a common mistake.

• So do half the maori i know

You need to stop hanging out with just Ngati Porou and Paul Tito.

Select Hika just for the Haka, otherwise Coles or Taylor, or Smith or TKB/TJP. Basically a hooker or a halfback because they're always Maori.

• Haha they are too!

• You need to stop hanging out with just Ngati Porou and Paul Tito.

Select Hika just for the Haka, otherwise Coles or Taylor, or Smith or TKB/TJP. Basically a hooker or a halfback because they're always Maori.

Shit the Scots in the early 2000s must have stared incredulously at the NZ Maori team of that period that had a bloke who looked more Scottish than any of them in Paul Tito and two MacDonalds in the starting line up......Leon being the obvious one and Angus ( which is as Scots as a dour bloke munching a haggis, washing it down with Whisky ( not whiskey ) and refusing to pay for it )

• Coles for me too I reckon. Definite starter, in the form of his life, arguably the best in his position in the world, good bit of agro. An unkempt 'viking sunset' tinged lumberjack beard would add to the occasion too if he could grow it.

• Virat Kohli

• The All Blacks did about 13 different but equally hilarious¬†Hakas between 15 players in the 1970s. Someone more tech savvy can feel free to put a youtube link up. I have a feeling their record was rather good back then....

Taine Randell led a really good Haka enroute to them losing 5 in a row in 1998.

Am I alone in thinking who fucken cares who leads it ?

• Elliot Dixon would be intense but he does need to make the team first

• Picking the squad is probably a bigger issue for the coach right now. But here goes....

It has got to be a senior player, who is comfortable leading the challenge and respected by the other players:

Read, Coles, Kaino, Aaron Smith, Cruden or Julian Savea would be the short list for me. I'd go for Kaino, but I suspect it will be the Skipper.

• Who cares, pick the best squad.
    Then decide who is best candidate to lead the haka

• Who cares, pick the best squad.
    Then decide who is best candidate to lead the haka

you think?  I'm not convinced.  I think Hansen is massively big on whose going to lead the haka too, and thus will select people accordingly ...

• Picking the squad is probably a bigger issue for the coach right now. But here goes....

It has got to be a senior player, who is comfortable leading the challenge and respected by the other players:

Read, Coles, Kaino, Aaron Smith, Cruden or Julian Savea would be the short list for me. I'd go for Kaino, but I suspect it will be the Skipper.

Read just needs to do those crazy eyes he does in aftermatch interviews and he'll be sweet.

• you think? ¬†I'm not convinced. ¬†I think Hansen is massively big on whose going to lead the haka too, and thus will select people accordingly ...

• Not earth shatteringly important really.But kind of interesting to ponder.I'm pucking Read as skipper.But it don't really matter.I consider that to be the overwhelming criteria - we've already deduced that not being Maori is no longer a disqualifier (as it shouldn't be) and the position should go to the person with a requisite amount of mana within the playing group.

• you think? ¬†I'm not convinced. ¬†I think Hansen is massively big on whose going to lead the haka too, and thus will select people accordingly ...

I think Richie said in one of those docos that the senior players decide who's leading the haka, not Hansen.

• It never looked quite right with McCaw leading the Haka and I'd feel the same way with Read.¬† Remember that those senior players are usually at the front anyway but with Kapo o Pango the leader is in the middle of the group.

So that's a roundabout way of saying my choice is Coles.

• pretty sure it's going to be Beaver.

I have good intel the chiefs have been keeping him on ice for the AB's.  Will be captain too obviously.

Read, Coles, Kaino, Aaron Smith, Cruden or Julian Savea would be the short list for me. I'd go for Kaino, but I suspect it will be the Skipper.

Savea? Don't think so.
    I think Aaron Smith will lead it.