Burpee Challenge ( Thanks NTA )

• Pretty easy.....smash out 50 as quick as you can......I managed 2:08, wanna get that down a wee bit. Seeing stars and just about spewing afterwards optional.....

• I'll give this a shot once I'm back from holidays and detoxed. Might need to build up to it...

• 4 days, 6 hours, 32 mins. Not bad.

• Just to clarify, the "pretty easy" is referring to working the time out not actually doing them.

M4L, eager to hear what you get up to when you hit your second ever maul.

• S on you jump do the hands meet at the top like a star jump? And no push up part?

• Correct. As I've mentioned I don't personally do the push up part due to not wanting to overtrain ( at least thats the excuse I use, I figure I do enough other pushing type exercises )

First 30 or so are a breeze, last 20 not so much......didn't even have time to build up a sweat despite the morning being pretty warm but legs barely got me up the stairs and lungs completely bursting......

• My flatmate did 300 the other day. It was for a free ticket to a Mudder event and she did it just for the hell of it. No warm up. That includes the full press-up. It certainly was something!!!

• [quote name='Hooroo' timestamp='1358887494' post='339126']
    My flatmate did 300 the other day. It was for a free ticket to a Mudder event and she did it just for the hell of it. No warm up. That includes the full press-up. It certainly was something!!!
    [/quote]

Farrrrrrrrrrrkkkkk, how long did that take ?

• I can't remember. She downloaded the cadence wich was 4 seconds I think and she wasn't allowed to fall out of cadence (Not alllowed to go faster or slower) So I guess I can remember. Circa 4sx 300 = 20 minutes.

We recorded it and she actually did 304. If you met her, she doesn't look like a really fit athelete. Just has immense willpower with her genreal fitness. She is quite active

• [quote name='Hooroo' timestamp='1358890175' post='339145']
    I can't remember. She downloaded the cadence wich was 4 seconds I think and she wasn't allowed to fall out of cadence (Not alllowed to go faster or slower) So I guess I can remember. Circa 4sx 300 = 20 minutes.

We recorded it and she actually did 304. If you met her, she doesn't look like a really fit athelete. Just has immense willpower with her genreal fitness. She is quite active
    [/quote]

Ah ok, so she was doing them slower than I was then. My effort definitely more of a sprint which if I could keep it up would have meant I did em in 12 or so minutes ( which if I tried would result in me dying first ).

But hey, I'm sounding churlish, 304 is a fantastic effort. That is seriously fit as fuck.

• And you don't do the full Press-up, ya puss!

• She also had to clap her hands ubove her head with a jump after the press-up

• I have my reasons brudda, don't wanna undo all my awesome benching and dipping work ( he said shiftily )

• that is half the battle - mental - a mentally strong person will keep on going when the body starts telling you to stop. Mind over matter does work!

• Holy shitballs Hooroo, your flatmate must be a machine. 300 full burpees including starjump & pressup... I'd be challengeing M4L's time.

The 50 straight without pressup sounds like something worth a go. I'll post my time once I've tried it.

• [quote name='MajorRage' timestamp='1358989457' post='339362']
    Holy shitballs Hooroo, your flatmate must be a machine. 300 full burpees including starjump & pressup... I'd be challengeing M4L's time.

The 50 straight without pressup sounds like something worth a go. I'll post my time once I've tried it.
    [/quote]

It's a sprint MR, not a marathon......

• 2:41. Out of the blocks like a dog shot in the arse before fading like the big girls flowery blouse that everybody knows I am.

Was 25 down at about 57 seconds... then had to have a breather and it was set of about 7 or 8 from then on. Last 10 took me 41 seconds, I was completely blown.

Defo room for improvement. Did enjoy the little burst though, I dont do much (well any, actually) sprint work.

• Good first up from you there MR, I'm of the school of thought that shorter intense cardio is more beneficial than longer stuff. I mean tell a casual observer that ya only doing a few minutes and they will have a go....until they try it and just about pass out that is.

Another go tomorrow, hoping to crack the 2 minute mark.....I simply can't do 50 in a row ( yet ) at the pace I was doing so the trick is to shorten the rest period by 15 or so seconds. I'm dreading it already.

• what I did today took around 25 mins, but sweat was pouring off me, so much so that it stings my eyes on the planks at the end...short sharp is how I like it, and with the kids about certainly dont have time for long sessions!

• [quote name='taniwharugby' timestamp='1359088903' post='339520']
    what I did today took around 25 mins, but sweat was pouring off me, so much so that it stings my eyes on the planks at the end...short sharp is how I like it, and with the kids about certainly dont have time for long sessions!
    [/quote]

That's your love life sorted but how's the fitness going dude ?