Brumbies v Crusaders

• Looks like they got the day of the week wrong in their picture.

Hard to believe the Crusaders haven't announced their team yet.

• They named it over facebook about 30 minutes ago, I caught the end of it, All I know is that Mackenzie is on the bench ūüôā Taufua was giving him shit about being D's lesser known brother¬†

... Stargazer, where do you get these graphics showing the team?

• Crusaders

1. Joe Moody  2. Codie Taylor  3. Owen Franks  4. Luke Romano  5. Scott Barrett  6. Jordan Taufua  7. Matt Todd  8. Kieron Read (c)
    2. Andy Ellis¬† 10. Richie Mo√Ę‚ā¨‚ĄĘunga¬† 11. Nemani Nadolo¬† 12. David Havili¬† 13. Kieron Fonotia¬† 14. Jone Macilai¬† 15. Israel Dagg

Reserves:
    3. Ged Robinson  17. Wyatt Crockett  18. Mike Alaalatoa  19. Sam Whitelock  20. Tim Boys  21. Mitchell Drummond  22. Sean Wainui  23. Marty McKenzie

No Ryan Crotty (injured?), Sam Whitelock again on the bench and finally McKenzie's first appearance after injury (= no Volavola).

• They named it over facebook about 30 minutes ago, I caught the end of it, All I know is that Mackenzie is on the bench ūüôā Taufua was giving him shit about being D's lesser known brother¬†

... Stargazer, where do you get these graphics showing the team?

Some teams post these pictures on FB or Twitter.

• has Macilai been injured? Wasn't even on the bench last week.

• has Macilai been injured? Wasn't even on the bench last week.

I have the impression (from the team line-ups this season) that he only gets game time when McNicholl is injured. They seem to prefer to have halfback, midfielder and 10/15 cover on the bench.

• I have the impression (from the team line-ups this season) that he only gets game time when McNicholl is injured. They seem to prefer to have halfback, midfielder and 10/15 cover on the bench.

has Macilai been injured? Wasn't even on the bench last week.

Stargazer is correct, McNiccoll has been playing really well this year and deserves the starts.

• Ryan Crotty is out with a hamstring injury and Johnny McNicholl has a toe injury.
    One of the reasons for McKenzie being named on the bench seems to be that he kicked very well for his club team last weekend.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/79233158/crusaders-midfielder-crotty-ruled-out-of-super-rugby-match-against-brumbies

• They have been resting Sam Whitelock a lot this season. When he hasn't been on the bench or not starting at all he seems to be the one that gets dragged. Would be interesting to see a break down of minutes played for all their locks.
    Might just be a perception.

• Crusaders

1. Joe Moody  2. Codie Taylor  3. Owen Franks  4. Luke Romano  5. Scott Barrett  6. Jordan Taufua  7. Matt Todd  8. Kieron Read (c)
    2. Andy Ellis¬† 10. Richie Mo√Ę‚ā¨‚ĄĘunga¬† 11. Nemani Nadolo¬† 12. David Havili¬† 13. Kieron Fonotia¬† 14. Jone Macilai¬† 15. Israel Dagg

Reserves:
    3. Ged Robinson  17. Wyatt Crockett  18. Mike Alaalatoa  19. Sam Whitelock  20. Tim Boys  21. Mitchell Drummond  22. Sean Wainui  23. Marty McKenzie

No Ryan Crotty (injured?), Sam Whitelock again on the bench and finally McKenzie's first appearance after injury (= no Volavola).

Whitelock in for Romano and you have the top pack.  Crotty in at 12, Havili to 13, and on form McNichol to 14 and you have the top backline, although Mo'unga needs to improve his kicking.  The ABs might be able to win with a 65% kicker, not so sure about the Crusaders...

• They have been resting Sam Whitelock a lot this season. When he hasn't been on the bench or not starting at all he seems to be the one that gets dragged. Would be interesting to see a break down of minutes played for all their locks.
    Might just be a perception.

Let's see if I can attach this picture (I've photoshopped some screen shots from the Sanzaar website):

• Let's see if I can attach this picture (I've photoshopped some screen shots from the Sanzaar website):

Pretty good even spread of minutes between the three. Barrett really thriving with the more game time this year.

• Yes definitely an even spread. Maybe it is just because im used to see him going the 80 for the ABs it seemed like he was sitting out longer.

• WTF has happened to the Brumbies?

They pulled a Highlanders of a few years ago, went all in early in the season and have run out of puff?

No idea otherwise, they're shit. Remember when they thrashed the Canes?

to be fair, the Crusaders are playing pretty well. Oh, and Peyper outstanding so far

• Well I have said before and will say again, geez that Barrett is agood lock, my opinion he is Crusaders no 2 lock ahead of Romano.

• They pulled a Highlanders of a few years ago, went all in early in the season and have run out of puff?

No idea otherwise, they're shit. Remember when they thrashed the Canes?

Lot of off-field bullshit happening there too. Had my doubts as to whether Cubelli would click in that side.

Nevertheless Crusaders: keep it up. I'd love the recent arrogance of Ponies' fans to be cut down to size. Bit big for their tiny little hicktown boots, that lot.

• how was that not a knock on?

• Oh, I particularly enjoyed the bit in Dagg's try where Defensive-rock-and-automatic-Wallaby-12-Matt-Toomua got bumped.

• that Dagg fella looks handy!

• what was Nadolo up to there?
    Try to Brumbies

• to be fair, the Crusaders are playing pretty well. Oh, and Peyper outstanding so far

They do look good but you'd expect the Brumbies to be a lot more competitive. I thought the thrashing the Chiefs gave them was a one off, not something we'd see again so soon.

Though I say that and the Brumbies get an intercept inside their 22 that eventually leads to their second try. The gap has closed a bit.

Crusaders 26-14

Lot of off-field bullshit happening there too. Had my doubts as to whether Cubelli would click in that side.

Nevertheless Crusaders: keep it up. I'd love the recent arrogance of Ponies' fans to be cut down to size. Bit big for their tiny little hicktown boots, that lot.

Ah, good point. Forgot about that mess.

• what a pick up by Havilli...what a try

• that Dagg fella looks handy!
    Could be a bolter for the ABs this year...

• 14-33 after 55

• Very happy with the Crusaders, here.¬† Love Havili, he is seriously under-rated.¬†¬† Todd is having a Cane-like game, and the forwards in general on fire.

• I got on the Crusaders at $2.10, thought that was bloody generous of the TAB....
    Mwahahahahaha

• I got on the Crusaders at $2.10, thought that was bloody generous of the TAB....
    Mwahahahahaha
    I took crusaders 13+ at $6 :
    Not counting chickens yet though

• I took crusaders 13+ at $6 :
    Not counting chickens yet though

Count em Sammy

40-14

• 1st July.¬† Mark it down on the calendar.¬† Crusaders vs Chiefs. Should be a cracker.

Remember when the Brumbies were going to win the Super XVIII after the first couple of weeks...

• Matt Todd has been immense.

• That's a very impressive win by the Crusaders.

• Lovely!¬† The Brumbies minus their 'cock are seriously neutered at the breakdown.

• Steve Hansen is going to have a happy head ache. Dagg and Todd have put their hand up again tonight. That was a great game to watch. Ponies have been slaughtered.

• is amazing the number of players putting thier hands up this year, is great to see!

• Matt Todd has been immense.
    He was superb. Loved the try he set up for Macilai. Fuck we have some talent in the 7 jumper post McCaw - Cane, Savea, Todd and Gibson are all players other countries would kill for.

• He was superb. Loved the try he set up for Macilai. Fuck we have some talent in the 7 jumper post McCaw - Cane, Savea, Todd and Gibson are all players other countries would kill for.

You mean 'all other countries except England who insist they don't need a real 7' don't you?

• Another good effort. Taylor, Todd, Barrett, Read, Mo'unga, Havili, Nadolo, Macilai and Dagg all notably good.

Bonus point win in Canberra not to be sniffed at - close the gap to the Chiefs to one point. Incidentally are the Chiefs a registered charity or do they have to give 33% of last night's points to the government? ¬† ūüôā