The NRL Season of 2016

• The rosters for the Auckland Nines will begin rolling through the media wires in the coming days which will officially mark the start of NRL 2016.

The Cowboys beat out the Warriors to become the first '95 expansion team to win the big dance but with the dual signings of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Isaac Luke, the Warriors are (again) contenders going into the season. Other major moves includes Kieran Foran heading to Parramatta, Marty Taupau heading to....

BREAKING:
    Rugby league superstar Mitchell Pearce has been caught up in a possible career-ending incident that occurred on Australia Day involving an alleged act with a dog. The Roosters premiership captain was allegedly captured on video in a vile act at house party after allegedly making advances toward a woman in a bedroom. When the woman rejects his advances, Pearce then allegedly performed a lewd act on a dog. The video has reportedly been watched by some media outlets and will soon come to light with those who have watched saying it is likely to be very damaging to the NRL star's career.

More to come...

• Yahoo News

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH AUSTRALIANS?!?! #notagain

• I was prepared to have to lock up my daughter but the dog too?!
    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• I was going to say I'm shocked, but really... I'm not at all. Just another episode in the drama that is the NRL.

• Just another episode in the drama that is the NRL

Hey, at least we know how our competition format works. Just #pray4Fido

• Lol. Fucking hell league. You know how to generate publicity

• Pearce is from what ive been told is a fairly solid family upbringing. Rugby league royalty and all that with his dad being a relative good sort. If someone from privelage and a father whos been there and done that - but the right way - can get it allegedly so horribly wrong i dont hold out much hope for the rotten eggs ij this game that havent had the same level of guidance Pearce has.

• I blame International Redneck Day too, that commonly goes by its indigenous name of Australia Day.

• Lewd act with dog
    Got a bit rapey with a woman 
    Public urination.

None of this particularly shocking anymore, at least Julian O'Neill mixed it up with a bit of public defecation and setting fire to children. Where's the creativity in todays bogans?

• Pearce is from what ive been told is a fairly solid family upbringing. Rugby league royalty and all that with his dad being a relative good sort. If someone from privelage and a father whos been there and done that - but the right way - can get it allegedly so horribly wrong i dont hold out much hope for the rotten eggs ij this game that havent had the same level of guidance Pearce has.

Is he Wayne Pearces son? Thats a damn shame, he's a legend .

• Is he Wayne Pearces son? Thats a damn shame, he's a legend .
    Yeah. The apple fell far from the tree and thats without this latest incident.

• Yeah Pearce went to private Sydney school Barker College where he played Rugby as a halfback (they don't offer League) whilst playing League for club on the Sunday.

• What a feral fluffybunny. Feel for his family, this will truly suck for his Dad.

• if legit, um, wow!

• Just saw the video, it's not that bad (like Joel Monaghan bad) but he did wee on her couch as well. 

Can be viewed on @ACurrentAffair9

• Firstly: Nice breaking news Sneak

Secondly: THIS IS WHY THE WORLD IS FUCKED - looking at you Australia too

This actually was about 15 seconds of tomfoolery by some pissed up lads in a flat. They weren't too over the top, caused NO DISTRESS to anyone and were pretty good to the lady who told them to leave.

If you haven't been in a similarly mild encounter like this, then you've led a pretty sheltered youth.

What is fucked up is THAT SOMEBODY FILMED THIS THEN SOLD IT TO SANCTIMONIOUS TV PEOPLE  !   :idiot2:

Seriously, I hate this type of shit and that fluffybunny tv reporter at the end pretending it was something ghastly is the worst fluffybunny on this - apart from the filmer

Fucken kids got to fucken film everything these fucken days - causes brain pollution  :ireful:

• if legit, um, wow!

What's wow mate? Seriously because he was pissed, tried to pash a bird and feigned rooting a poodle?

At a private party

What's wow?

• What's wow mate? Seriously because he was pissed, tried to pash a bird and feigned rooting a poodle?

At a private party

What's wow?

TR did say 'if legit'.

At any rate, pissing on someones couch (according to the chick) and pashing them when they don't want to is pretty shit behaviour no matter what the media headline is ... you seemed to have gone too far in the opposite direction from the media.

• Have you seen the video?

Yes.

Have you seen the video?

Yes.

You reckon ther eis a newsworthy storythere?

You reckon it's a story that exists on it's own and is something the general public will benefit by knowing?

• The weird thing with Pearce , 

His old man Wayne was such a role model in the 80s , didnt even drink from memory,

If the league was going to use someone back then as their pin up boy it was junior ( nickname for his old man ) .

• You reckon ther eis a newsworthy storythere?

You reckon it's a story that exists on it's own and is something the general public will benefit by knowing?

I didn't say it was or wasn't newsworthy, I just said you've gone too far the other way, I don't agree with this:

This actually was about 15 seconds of tomfoolery by some pissed up lads in a flat. They weren't too over the top, caused NO DISTRESS to anyone and were pretty good to the lady who told them to leave.

Firstly, all the other 'lads' were fine, but I'd suggest going by the video that Pearce did cause distress (which was why he was told to leave) and wasn't pretty good to the lady (who he pashed and maybe pissed on her couch).

• The weird thing with Pearce ,
    His old man Wayne was such a role model in the 80s , didnt even drink from memory,
    If the league was going to use someone back then as their pin up boy it was junior ( nickname for his old man ) .Exactly mate. Just fucken weird. Junior by all accounts a lovely guy.
    Anyway its not a league season until someone drinks their own piss, shits in a hallway, gropes someones underage daugher(a few years back Craig Gower had a go at Pearce younger sister)or interferes with Benji and i dont mean Marshall.

• All the stories I heard about Junior in the early 90's a bit different

• All the stories I heard about Junior in the early 90's was that he rooted all of Dubbo and lots reckoned he was HIV positive - 3rd party impressions huh?

?

• I knew some league players in the 90's in NSW (Played with St Marys , feeder club to Penrith) and they told stories of Junior 
    No I don't put any credence on the them either but heresay is heresay good and bad

• What a cock. It's not that bad but it's fucking embarrassing. It makes him look like the complete tool we always knew he was.
    Calling it a sex scandal is over the top

• Just watched it on the news . What a dickhead

• NRL, same shit, different year.
    Can't really be arsed watching the video, so I'm guessing it's either one of two things;
    Pearce is a seriously fucked up dude in need of a good therapist.
    Or
    It's yet another over exaggeration from the media.

Can't really be arsed watching the video, so I'm guessing it's either one of two things;
    OrIt's yet another over exaggeration from the media.

In my opinion it's only news because some cock filmed it and sold it

Same trivial nonsense that all young people get up to, All Blacks included. No big deal until people forget what life is and judge out of context

If some of the stuff ferners got up to and said, in private, on rugby trips wasn't worse than that then you've played for lame rugby teams.

Never mind Pearce's career being in jeopardy - put the film owner in jail for 20 years and call it "step one of repairing society"

• I knew some league players in the 90's in NSW (Played with St Marys , feeder club to Penrith) and they told stories of .....

Still not terribly sensible stuff to be posting on a public forum.

• Still not terribly sensible stuff to be posting on a public forum.

Agree, I'll take it down lest anyone quotes it

• I knew some league players in the 90's in NSW (Played with St Marys , feeder club to Penrith) and they told stories of Junior...

What a load of shit. I grew up in that area and no one who played for St fucking Marys would know what Junior was getting up to. He retired after the 1990 season following a decade with Balmain.

• What a load of shit. I grew up in that area and no one who played for St fucking Marys would know what Junior was getting up to. He retired after the 1990 season following a decade with Balmain.

Sure, you win. You know everything ever about all rugby league in NSW from 1980 to 1990

Well done

Those pre season trips to my Dubbo when he and Sironen and Benny stayed in the my mate's dad's pub were awesome eh? Perhaps you can finish the story.... I think Roycie Simmons was there too but he knows nothing of St Mary's or my Aboriginal mate that played on his way to a "scholarship" at St Mary's eh?

Nah, it's all a load of shit I just made up to impress

• Never mind Pearce's career being in jeopardy - put the film owner in jail for 20 years and call it "step one of repairing society"Jegga sums it up well and you think the person who believes Pearce should be accountable for his actions in modern society is to blame?Lewd act with dogGot a bit rapey with a woman Public urination.

• Sure, you win. You know everything ever about all rugby league in NSW from 1980 to 1990 Well doneI'm not the one who thinks someone playing for some bumfuck Penrith local club in the 90s would know what a Balmain local, who retired from playing after the 80s was up to. Use your fucking brain.

• I'm not the one who thinks someone playing for some bumfuck Penrith local club in the 90s would know what a Balmain local, who retired from playing after the 80s was up to. Use your fucking brain.

Calm down, you win. You know everything. 

It's all right it's a gift. Well done you

Or
    It's yet another over exaggeration from the media.

Are these necessarily mutually exclusive?

• I think its more that he's a total fucking pisshead and doesn't know how to behave.

But all the "think of these role models!" people can get fucked. If, after all this time, you want to hold NRL players up as role models, you haven't been paying attention.