Ranfurly Shield - Waikato v North Harbour

• Very important game this as if Waikato lose, I owe Duluth beer and chicken wings!

Happy for him but gutted to see Damien MacKenzie won't be playing. I'm not sure the last time we lost to Harbour but I do remember the last time we took the sheild from them and I expect they would like to return the favour.

When are teams named................

• The teams are usually named 2 days before the game so likely Thursday?

• The total injustice of Waikato having the Shield and North Harbour getting a challenge is not lost on me.

#C*nts.

• Yeah we are missing Parsons too so both teams are down an outside back

• Yeah we are missing Parsons too so both teams are down an outside back

:mocking:   Not a fan?

Any chance Gatland gets a start in this game?  I did actually see him at the Hamilton BHS game with an ex-teammate and current Waikato player.  I'm sure there was some banter there.

• The total injustice of Waikato having the Shield and North Harbour getting a challenge is not lost on me.

#C*nts.

Don't worry your other team will get a challenge and take it if Waikato hold it for that long.

• Very important game this as if Waikato lose, I owe Duluth beer and chicken wings!

Happy for him but gutted to see Damien MacKenzie won't be playing. I'm not sure the last time we lost to Harbour but I do remember the last time we took the sheild from them and I expect they would like to return the favour.

When are teams named................

Never happened. Particularly never happened in 2007. Specifically never happened to be a de facto home game for Waikato as thousands of ferals eluded the Pokeno checkpoints and stunned Harbour into atrophy with the boring monotony of their FUCKING COW BELLS

• :mocking: Not a fan?
    Any chance Gatland gets a start in this game? I did actually see him at the Hamilton BHS game with an ex-teammate and current Waikato player. I'm sure there was some banter there.

Nah I don't mind old porkroll. He gets around the ground pretty well so deserves to pop up on the wing every once in a while.
    I'm hoping they start Bryn. He's had a great club season and offers more variety than mcghan. Harbour looked better when he was in the field last week.

• Never happened. Particularly never happened in 2007. Specifically never happened to be a de facto home game for Waikato as thousands of ferals eluded the Pokeno checkpoints and stunned Harbour into atrophy with the boring monotony of their FUCKING COW BELLS

That really was an outstanding day. So bizarre to have more supporters at an away game. Happy days

• and we had the biggest loudest cowbell of all. Blister inducingly big.

WTW, are you going along?

• That really was an outstanding  sick inducing day. So bizarre ​ annoying to have more supporters at an away game. Happy days

Fixed.

Fair play to the Waikato supporters they certainly did turn up en masse. It felt like I was the only Harbour supporter there.  One of the best atmospheres I've witnessed at a rugby game, but I FUCKIN HATE THE COW BELLS - which I guess is the point - but they surely are annoying.

My particular favourite fan memory was the fire truck painted mooloo that had driven up and was pouring beer out of the water tanks. Gold.

• Yeah, the atmosphere at that 2007 RS game was on a par with some of Waikato's Eden Park RS challenges.  Our group went for a feed at the Speights Alehouse before the match and it was full of Waikato supporters.  You knew then there was going to be plenty of Mooloo supporters at NHS.

I will be interested to see what sized crowd turns up this Sat.  We haven't had a match at Waikato Stadium since May.

• Yeah, the atmosphere at that 2007 RS game was on a par with some of Waikato's Eden Park RS challenges.  Our group went for a feed at the Speights Alehouse before the match and it was full of Waikato supporters.  You knew then there was going to be plenty of Mooloo supporters at NHS.

I will be interested to see what sized crowd turns up this Sat.  We haven't had a match at Waikato Stadium since May.

We didn't eat but we had a few quieties that day before the game at that pub too.

• It's Harbour. And the Shield. I reckon the inbred bell-ringers will be alright

• It's Harbour. And the Shield. I reckon the inbred bell-ringers will be alright

three thumbs up to this!

• Here's a classic shield game to get you in the mood:

• Waikato named:

1. Loni Uhila (Hamilton Marist)
    2. Hame Faiva (University)
    3. Atu Moli (University)
    4. Jacob Skeen (University)
    5. Brian Alainu'uese (University)
    6. James Tucker (Hamilton Marist)
    7. Murray Iti (Otorohanga)
    8. Jordan Manihera (Hamilton Old Boys)
    9. Isaac Boss (Southern United) - captain
    10. Sam Christie (Fraser Tech)
    11. Sevu Reece (Melville)
    12. Willis Halaholo
    13. Nathaniel Apa (Fraser Tech)
    14. Iliesa Ratuva Tavuyara (Hamilton Old Boys)
    15. Jordan Trainor (Fraser Tech)
    16. Steven Misa (Hamilton Marist)
    17. Latu Talakai (Fraser Tech)
    18. Sefo Kautai (Hamilton Marist)
    19. Whetu Douglas (University)
    20. Mitch Jacobson (Hautapu)
    21. Pele Cowley (Hamilton Old Boys)
    22. Jason Robertson (University)
    23. Tevita Taufui (Melville)

• Looking at both squads, I think Harbour have a genuine chance to win this one.

• Who is the number 19? He is not a player that I can't remember seeing before and as he does not have a club affiliation next  to his name maybe the North Harbour people are likewise struggling.

• Who is the number 19? He is not a player that I can't remember seeing before and as he does not have a club affiliation next to his name maybe the North Harbour people are likewise struggling.

Collett is a loosie from Massey

• That was the Waikato back three I was wanting with Stevenson unavailable.  I'm puzzled why Iti is selected ahead of Jacobson again.  It's not that Iti isn't a decent enough player but that he wasn't considered good enough to make the main squad.

Manihera needs a big game against his old team as his 2 dumb penalties cost Waikato the game vs Tasman.

• Dumb penalties and manihera....who would have thought!

• Could be a long day for North Harbour....

• But maybe not after they rattle on ten quick points after being under the pump big time and the score clsoes to Waikato 19 - 10 North Harbour after about 30 minutes, which remains the score when Mr. Fraser blows his whistle for half time.

• They couldn't have made a worse start if they tried but have looked the better side after the first 20 mins. Mafileo is murdering the tongan bear at scrum time as well.

• Good come back from Harbour.
    Bit of a downer that first try with the missed knock on.
    Dare to believe though for Harbour.

• Omg. Have I just seen the slowest winger in history?

• Game on now. C'mon Harbour!

• A runaway intercept try (despite a dodgy looking final pass) makes thing very interesting as Harbour closed the gap to Waikato 19 - 15 North Harbour

• Try time after the intercept.
    Gatland another miss.
    19-15 Mooloo

• Bryn Gatland's goal kicking is horrendous

• Yeah dodgy pass but prob fair given that knock before that first minute try

• Arrgghhh drop ball out wide after a good break in the midfield

• A miracle miss by Harbour costs them a certain try as the player loses it over the line almost Wilson/Gregan style

• Nooooooo

• Wow this game has it all.

• Think harbour need Vaega to take over goal kicking

• Waikato looking very beatable

• Think harbour need Vaega to take over goal kicking

Agreed. Harbour doing everything but score at the moment.